MacOS Apps for iOS Developers
What you'll learn
- How to create fully functional MacOS apps
- The difference between Mac and iOS Developement
- Window Management
- Create a command line tool
- Create a Today Widget
- How to export and share your apps
- Beginner iOS Background
- A Mac Computer and Xcode
Are you an iOS developer who wants to try making a Mac app? With your background, you are 80% of the way there. This course will help you with that last 20%. We will be creating 3 apps that will help teach you the skills you need to become a confindent Mac developer.
1. Time Tracker - An clean elegant tool to track your time working during the day. Learn how to work with NSTableViews, CoreData, and the whole Mac experience in Xcode.
2. CryptoCurrency Ticker - Learn how to create a today widget by allowing users to check the price of popular Crypto Currencies.
3. Hacker News in the Command Line - Learn how to work with an API and create a command line tool.
Now you can be a mobile and desktop developer :)
Who this course is for:
- iOS developers wanting to take a look at making Mac apps
Hi! I'm Nick, and I love to code. About five years ago I decided that I wanted to learn to code, but I had limited access to programming resources, and I was getting frustrated with all of the YouTube videos and online tutorials out there. I experimented, struggled, and definitely failed a lot, but I finally got the hang of it, so I decided that I wanted to change the way that people learned to code, and I started teaching. My experience as an online student has directly influenced my teaching style, because I know what it is like to be in your shoes.
Apple announced their new programming language, Swift, in 2014, I made my big online teaching debut and created the
internet's first Swift course. Since that time, I have
become a full-time online instructor and I now have courses not only in Swift,
but also in iOS, Android, Django, Kotlin, Python, HTML, Blockchain, etc. I have also created five iOS apps from scratch that are currently live in the App Store and are being used by thousands of users worldwide.
I love sharing my excitement for coding with my students, and I try to make learning as fun and as easy as possible. Thanks for being part of my coding community!