Machine Learning in ArcGIS : Map Land Use Land Cover in GIS
What you'll learn
- Fully understand advanced GIS and Remote Sensing methods of Land use and Land Cover (LULC) Mapping in ArcGIS
- Learn how to perform such advanced GIS methods as object based image analysis (OBIA) and object-based classification using real-world data
- Further advanced your GIS and Remote Sensing skills in the market leading GIS software (i.e. ArcGIS)
- Learn how to obtain satellite data and UAV images, create training and validation data for OBIA and pixel-based and Remote Sensing data classification
- Learn about Machine Learning and Machine Learning types / algorithms
- Apply all stages of supervised Machine Learning in ArcGIS
- Apply advanced Machine Learning image classification algorithms in ArcGIS
- Explore the power of ArcGIS for Remote Sensing image analysis
- You'll also have plenty of handy hints and tips will be provided alongside the code to prevent glitches
- You'll have a copy of the data and some detailed manuals used in the course for your reference to use in your GIS analysis
- Learn applied Remote Sensing & GIS skills needed for your future / current geospatial job!
- Basic knowledge of manipulating spatial (image) data will be an advantage
- The course is demonstrated using ArcMap (v 10.7). You can obtain a trial license from ESRI website-.
Land Use / Land Cover mapping with Machine Learning and Remote Sensing Data in ArcGIS
This course is designed to take users who use ArcGIS for basic geospatial data/GIS/Remote Sensing analysis to perform more advanced geospatial analysis tasks including object-based image analysis using a variety of different data and applying Machine Learning state of the art algorithms. In addition to making you proficient in ArcGIS for spatial data analysis, you will be introduced to a powerful opportunity to learn how to use ArcGIS also for advanced satellite-based image analysis for the most demanded task in Remote Sensing, that is land use and land cover mapping.
I'm very excited that you found my LULC Advanced course. This course is designed to equip you with the practical knowledge of advanced Land Use and Land Cover (LULC) mapping, which is one of the core skills for any Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Remote Sensing analyst. By the end of the course, you will feel confident and completely understand and apply advanced Geospatial analysis including performing Machine Learning algorithms for land use and land cover mapping and learning object-based image analysis and basics of segmentation. All this you will be able to carry out on the real data in one of the most popular GIS software which is ArcGIS.
This course is different from other training resources. Each lecture seeks to enhance your GIS and Remote Sensing skills in a demonstrable and easy-to-follow manner and provide you with practically implementable solutions. You’ll be able to start analyzing spatial data for your own projects, and gain appreciation from your future employers with your advances GIS skills and knowledge of the cutting edge LULC techniques.
In the course, you will be able to learn how to carry out all stages of LULC mapping from acquiring satellite data to assessing the accuracy of your Remote Sensing map and design a beautiful change map readily available to be inserted in your document or report.
The course is ideal for professionals such as geographers, programmers, social scientists, geologists, GIS, and Remote Sensing experts and all other experts who need to use LULC maps in their field and would like to learn the fundamentals of LULC and change detection in GIS. If you're planning to undertake a task that requires to use a state of the art classification algorithms for creating, for instance, land cover and land use maps, this course will give you the confidence you need to understand and solve such geospatial problem.
One important part of the course is the practical exercises. You will be given some precise instructions, codes, and datasets to create LULC maps and change maps using the ArcGIS software.
In this course, I include downloadable practical materials that will teach you:
- Advance your skills in ArcGIS
- Understand the concept of Machine Learning and main types of machine learning in GIS including supervised and unsupervised Machine Learning Algorithms
- Learn how to classify satellite and UAV images with different machine learning algorithms in ArcGIS
- Learn how to perform training, validation data collection and accuracy assessment
- Learn how to perform object-based image analysis
- Perform image segmentation in ArcGIS
INCLUDED IN THE COURSE: You will have access to the data used in the course, along with the Java code files. You will also have access to future resources. Enroll in the course today & take advantage of these special materials!
Who this course is for:
- Geographers, Programmers, geologists, biologists, social scientists, or every other expert who deals with GIS maps in their field
I am a passionate data science expert and educator. I do regular teaching and training all over the world. I have many satisfied students! And now I will be glad if I can teach also you these interesting, highly applied, and exciting topics!
For GIS & Remote Sensing students:
Order of how to take my courses:
Option 1: Take all individual courses that contain more details and more labs in the following order:
1. Get started with GIS & Remote Sensing in QGIS #Beginners
2. Remote Sensing in QGIS: Fundamentals of Image Analysis 2020
3. Core GIS: Land Use and Land Cover & Change Detection in QGIS
4. Machine Learning in GIS: Understand the Theory and Practice
5. Machine Learning in GIS: Land Use/Land Cover Image Analysis
6. Machine Learning in ArcGIS: Map Land Use/ Land Cover in GIS
7. Object-based image analysis & classification in QGIS/ArcGIS
8. ArcGIS: Learn Deep Learning in ArcGIS to advance GIS skills
8. Google Earth Engine for Big GeoData Analysis: 3 Courses in 1
10. Google Earth Engine for Machine Learning & Change Detection
11. QGIS & Google Earth Engine for Environmental Applications
12. Advanced Remote Sensing Analysis in QGIS and on cloud
13. Specific cources focused on Remote Sensing applications (see my cource list)
Option 2: Take my combi-courses that contain summarized information from the above courses, though in fewer details (labs, videos):
1. QGIS Mega Course: GIS and Remote Sensing- Beginner to Expert
2. Geospatial Data Analyses & Remote Sensing: 4 Classes in 1
3. Machine Learning in GIS and Remote Sensing: 5 Courses in 1
4. Google Earth Engine for Big GeoData Analysis: 3 Courses in 1
5. Google Earth Engine for Machine Learning & Change Detection