Mac Pages: Mastering Apple's Word Processing App
What you'll learn
- Create documents in Pages.
- Learn to style and format text.
- Use copy, paste, find, replace, spell check and other writing tools.
- Modify and create your own templates.
- Use Pages as a simple page layout tool to make posters, flyers and other documents.
- Use techniques like footnotes, table of contents, headers and footers.
- Insert images, charts, tables, links and other elements.
- Collaborate with others using comments and change tracking.
- Export your finished document as a PDF, Word or in ePub format.
- Students should have a basic familiarity with using Mac OS X.
Mac Pages is a complete course with more than 60 lessons that show you all of the features in the Pages app. It includes three and a half hours of video tutorials.
The course looks at each feature individually and shows you how and why you may want to use that feature. You’ll learn about fonts, styles, formatting, special characters, headers, footers, footnotes, table of contents and more. You’ll discover how you can add graphic elements like shapes, images, links, tables, charts, text boxes and videos. There are also tutorials on exporting, collaboration and editing, templates and much more.
Whether you need to use Pages for work, school, or to write the next great novel, this course can get you up to speed fast. It does not assume that you have prior experience with other word processor software. However, if you have used something like Microsoft Word in the past, you can also use this course to quickly learn the ins-and-outs of Pages.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who wants to learn to use Pages on their Mac, whether it is for work, school or personal projects.
Gary Rosenzweig is an Internet entrepreneur, software developer, and technology writer. He runs CleverMedia, Inc., which produces websites, computer games, apps, and podcasts.
Gary is the host and producer of MacMost, a site that features more than 1,000 video tutorials for Apple enthusiasts. It includes many videos on using Macs, iPhones, and iPads. Gary has written more than 30 mass-market computer books, including the best-selling book My iPad, The MacMost Guide to Switching to the Mac, My Pages, ActionScript 3.0 Game Programming University, and Special Edition Using Director MX. He also has self-published titles such as 101 Mac Tips and The Practical Guide to Mac Security.
Gary is also the creator and producer behind WP Tips And Hacks, a site with video tutorials and code examples to help WordPress users customize and modify their WordPress sites.
Gary has a computer science degree from Drexel University and a master’s degree in journalism from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.