Mac Numbers: Creating and Using Spreadsheets On Your Mac
What you'll learn
- Create single and multi-table spreadsheets in Numbers
- Use formulas to perform calculations
- Create simple lists of records as spreadsheets
- Create charts from spreadsheet data
- Manipulate spreadsheet elements to create forms and data sheets
- Use logical function in spreadsheets
- Export and share spreadsheets
- Students should have a basic familiarity with using Macs, including the mouse, keyboard, drag-and-drop, and managing files. They should have Numbers 3.6 or newer installed on their Mac from the Mac App Store.
Mac Numbers is a complete course with 36 lessons and 11 practical examples taking you from beginner to advanced level. It includes three and a half hours of video tutorials and 11 example files.
This course starts at the beginning, teaching you the basics such as creating a new document, starting with the blank template, entering numbers and performing basic calculations. You’ll then move on to create multi-table spreadsheets, perform advanced calculations, sort and filter data, create charts and more.
Whether you need to use Numbers for work, school, or a project at home, this course can get you up to speed fast. It does not assume that you have previous spreadsheet experience. However, if you have used an application like Excel in the past, you can also use this course to quickly learn the ins-and-outs of Numbers.
Who this course is for:
- This course will teach you the basics and many advanced techniques for creating and using spreadsheets with Numbers on your Mac. If you want to use Numbers at home or work but have no previous spreadsheet experience, this course starts at the beginning. If you have used other spreadsheet apps like Excel, this could can help you switch to Numbers.
Gary Rosenzweig is an Internet entrepreneur, software developer, and technology writer. He runs CleverMedia, Inc., which produces websites, computer games, apps, and podcasts.
Gary is the host and producer of MacMost, a site that features more than 1,000 video tutorials for Apple enthusiasts. It includes many videos on using Macs, iPhones, and iPads. Gary has written more than 30 mass-market computer books, including the best-selling book My iPad, The MacMost Guide to Switching to the Mac, My Pages, ActionScript 3.0 Game Programming University, and Special Edition Using Director MX. He also has self-published titles such as 101 Mac Tips and The Practical Guide to Mac Security.
Gary is also the creator and producer behind WP Tips And Hacks, a site with video tutorials and code examples to help WordPress users customize and modify their WordPress sites.
Gary has a computer science degree from Drexel University and a master’s degree in journalism from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.