SAP Lumira Discovery 2.3 from Beginner to Professional
- 9 hours on-demand video
- 8 articles
- 95 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will learn everything about SAP Lumira Discovery from scratch.
- Create your own reports and dashboards without IT knowledge.
- Create and share meaningful stories with your data.
- Learn how to add a variety of data sources (Excel, csv, SAP BW, SAP Universes, SAP HANA, SQL, etc.).
- Learn how to refresh and edit a data source.
- Everything about data manipulation: add, transform and enrich your data.
- Understand types of joins and how they work.
- Main features of visualizations: filters, sorting, reference lines, conditional formatting, calculations, drill capabilities, etc.
- Learn how to use input controls in your data stories.
- All about filters: filter to datasets, pages, story, visualizations, filter by linked analysis, filters by hierarchy, by rank and filters by measure.
- Learn how to use Geo Map charts and ESRI ArcGIS integration.
- Create amazing data stories adding content in the canvas: text, icon, shapes, hyperlinks, illustrations and more.
- Sharing and exporting with SAP Lumira Discovery.
- Learn how to deploy and create discovery applications on the SAP BI platform.
- Support material and resources: training material in PDF, videos, links, exercises and documents to easy follow the course.
- The course has a section to walk you through the installation of SAP Lumira Discovery.
- 9 hours of high-quality video with real English captions created.
- No preexisting knowledge is required, the course will explain every aspect of SAP Lumira Discovery.
- Bonus lecture section has multiple resources to learn about Business Intelligence concepts and data visualization techniques.
Learn everything of SAP Lumira Discovery. I am teaching you all you can do with this visualization tool and you will create stunning and amazing data stories which will impact in your final audience. Self-service BI has never been so easy to use!
If you need to learn from scratch or even if you have some knowledge with this tool but you need to expand it, this is the best course for you. For all the lectures, you will find a training material document that you can use as a manual and videos with step by step tutorials. Also, the course contains exercises and quizzes to measure your knowledge in this technology not to mention all the resources that I provide (useful links, SAP Notes, tips, limitations, etc.).
Before showing you all the things you will learn in the course, I would like to tell you that I feel passion for training and I love sharing my knowledge with all my students. I will answer all your questions and I will update the course regularly!
Enroll today and get LIFETIME access to:
9 hours of high-quality video - real English captions created!
Downloadable training material per lecture
Quizzes and hands-on exercises
This course has more advance training, plenty of resources, exercises and much more for way cheaper than the SAP official course!
Javier R. Martin
How to install the tool.
Everything about the Discovery interface.
You will build your first story with Lumira Discovery!
Data sources: SAP BW, SAP Hana, Excel, csv, text files, SAP universe, query with SQL and extensions and limitations of each data source.
How to refresh and edit a data source.
Live & Import data.
Grid and Facet view.
How to create objects, hierarchies (geo, custom and date/time) and data actions such as sort, rename, delete, split, replace, etc.
How to create advance calculations and formulas.
How to merge, append and link your datasets.
Visualization and stories
How to use the canvas and the chart builder.
Charts: correlation, comparison, trend, percentage and geo visualization components.
How to create geo map component covering all types of geo maps.
How to integrate geo map and ArcGIS Esri.
Linking with visualizations.
Filters and input controls: different filters that the tool provides and all types of input control.
Formatting your data story: learn how to use all the elements that Lumira Discovery provides: text, shapes, illustration, pictures, colors, etc. You will know how to use the canvas, how to create stories and pages, etc.
A real dashboard: this lecture is to show you a real dashboard that I am using with my clients.
Project: Data Story. Create a Lumira Discovery story and send me your work. I will provide my feedback and expertise.
Sharing and exporting
How to share with Lumira Discovery.
How to export your story or your data and the different options to do it.
Lumira Discovery and the SAP BI Platform
The integration between the tool and the BI platform.
Data sources, options and limitations on SAP BI Platform. You will learn the new capabilities that BI platform offers: open document links and bookmarks.
How to migrate old 1.x files to Lumira Discovery.
Interoperability between Lumira Discovery and Lumira Designer.
How to install extensions.
Resources: official SAP help, dashboard design best practices, etc.
Troubleshooting document: how to fix some bugs with SAP Notes and my own experience.
- Business users who need to create reports/dashboards without IT development.
- Beginner users curious about data and reports.
- Lumira Discovery users who need to have a deep knowledge of the tool.
- Beginners looking for easy tool to create dashboard and reports.
- Application and technology consultants who need to learn everything about SAP Lumira Discovery.
Brief presentation of Javier R. Martin, his career and background.
This lecture is a description of the main features of the course and the objectives. The class reviews the content that students will learn during the course.
Detailed description of the elements in the SAP Lumira Client tool interface. The student will be able to identify where the options and features are, including the home page, menu, tool bar and the different views that the tool provides (data, design and preview).
All Lumira Discovery documents start acquiring data from a variety of data sources. Students will learn the range of data sources and how to connect to them.
We cover in this lecture: SAP BW, SAP HANA, SAP Universes and Queries with SQL.
A section with limitations is provided to know the restrictions for BW and Universes.
Continuation of previous lecture. In this one, we discuss the rest of the data sources: Microsoft Excel, text files, Windows clipboard and extensions. Also, a section with limitations is provided.
Continuation of acquiring data sources. In this one, we learn how to connect the tool with HANA Live data source.
In this lecture, we teach how to manipulate and enrich your data and explain the actions that you saw in the previous class (sort, rename, etc.). Also, the student will learn how to create hierarchies:
Geographical by names or latitude/longitude.
You are just about to practice how to create new objects, custom hierarchies, geographical ones and some data actions. Also, you will add several visualizations components.
Try by yourself before watching the video!
In this lecture, you will learn about chart properties and visualization formatting (title, background colors, data labels, number format, etc.). Also, I will show you how to add reference lines, calculations and conditional formatting rules to all the components.
You will work with all the filters that Lumira Discovery provides: filter to datasets, pages, story, visualizations, filter by linked analysis, filters by hierarchy, by rank and filters by measure. Besides, you will learn the input controls, interactive filters that the user can use in your data stories.
Find useful information to extend your knowledge of SAP Lumira, business intelligence subject, etc.:
Official SAP help page.
Explanation about Business Intelligence.
Measures and dimensions.
Type of joins.
Information about SAP BI Platform.
Check all this information!