Lumion for Architects
- Have access to Lumion or Lumion Pro
- Have access to Sketchup Make (Free) or Sketchup Pro
- Preferred: Have taken "Intro to Lumion" by Sam Lytle on Udemy
Lumion is a powerful tool for architects, landscape architects and other designers and is making its way into more and more studios and offices. The ease of the interface and workflow within this software along with the ability to make 3D models from a variety of software programs look fantastic makes Lumion great resource to have.
While almost anyone can pick up Lumion and learn the basics, there are also more advanced techniques that some users aren't even aware of. In Lumion for Architects we approach this software with the expectation that you will learn the basics along with a few tricks that will really take your renders and animations to the next level including the grid technique that allows construction phasing and other animations, time lapse videos and how to use advanced move for technical animations.
One of the best parts about this course is that the 3D models are available as part of the course work. You can join Sam step-by-step as you assemble the same museum that you will see in the instructional videos and he even shows you how you can show off your final render with the world.
While this course is designed with an architect in mind, it will be valuable for anyone trying to get the most out of Lumion. As a matter of fact, while Sam owns his own 3D visualization studio, he is an engineer by trade rather than an architect. (If you are an architect, no hard feelings... right?)
We look forward to you joining us in Lumion for Architects!
- 3D Visualization Professionals
- Architect Students
- Landscape Architects
- Civil Engineer/Designers Interested in 3D Visualization
- Anyone Looking to Get More From Lumion
- About This Course01:16
- Intro to Lumion for Architects00:43
- Before You Get Started01:46
- Single Model Texturing13:37
- Single Model Scene Creation18:57
- Refreshing Models from Sketchup02:01
- The Grid Technique07:27
- Assembling in Lumion05:15
- Grass and Texturing Components02:33
- Animating Scene 110:16
- Animating Scene 203:21
- Animating Scene 304:32
- 3D Text and Sound Effects09:20
- How to Render02:03
- Final Results00:46
- Alternative Methods of Construction Animation10:05
- Animating Vehicles and People10:35
- Weather and Scene Effects07:31
- Show off Your Results!01:24
- Connect with Me and Civil FX00:42
- Thank You!00:42
- Let's See What You Learned10 questions
Over the past several years my interest in modeling and rendering engineering data has developed into a passion and even a large part of my career. This field is exciting as new software programs and processes are being developed each year that make for better, faster and cheaper project visualizations. Civil FX is my effort to share with and connect the world to the best of project visualizations from a civil engineering perspective. This includes roads, bridges, sites, foundations, construction and more. I recently left my job to pursue Civil FX full-time.
The software I use includes AutoCAD, Microstation, InfraWorks, Sketchup, 3ds Max, Lumion, Navisworks and other CAD and visualization software.
I am a licensed engineer and Civil FX is the intersection of my education and experience in civil engineering with my passion for video games and special effects.
I am also a husband, father of three and live with my family in Southern Nevada.