Lua's Core Syntax (Programming Language)
What you'll learn
- Lua's Core Syntax: Basics, IFs, Loops, Tables, Functions
- Anyone can take this course
- You don't need anything to take this course, not even a PC. You can take this course on your smartphone, or tablet, and still be able to do all the coding exercises and get results fast.
- You can make a replit account if you want to do all the coding exercises. Just click the link in each lecture and fork the repl
In this course, you'll learn about Lua's Core Syntax.
In each lecture, I'll discuss a few lines of code explaining a concept. Over in the lecture resources, you'll be linked to the code, which you can fork, run, & alter to complete some easy exercises.
I'm using an online IDE called replit. This means that you can start coding right away and learn easily, even on your tablet or smartphone. Don’t waste time setting up your environment. Don’t have access to your laptop or PC? No problem. This course is so flexible you can learn anywhere.
Don’t wait too long.
It’s easy to get frustrated with watching a coding tutorial and just not getting the same results and/or getting an error. That moment where you can’t figure out what you’re doing wrong and you spend hours and hours researching how to fix a simple error. That’s never going to happen to you in my course. You’re going to be able to view and run the exact same thing I’m running. You can then change it to complete some easy exercises.
Every lecture is like a template and an exercise that I’ll be explaining. You can just watch the lecture explaining the template. Do the exercise, and plug in your own details to fully get a grasp on the concept being taught and presto. It's a simple way to learn.
Apart from that, I just recommend writing down some notes about things you want to remember. Of course to fully let all the concepts sink in, you would eventually have to work on some bigger projects. And in that situation if you forgot any basic concept, just come back to the course to revise it.
The path to learning requires practice, repetition and dedication. Start with this course to cover the easy things that get you frustrated and impede your learning.
Although this isn't a ROBLOX or a LOVE 2D course, which are the most common applications for Lua, you can still take this course before you start with those. This course will give you a very clear and fundamental grasp on the core syntax of the Lua language. Those are basically just game engines that have their own libraries and sets of commands. Once you learn lua's core syntax through this course you can then proceed to learn these different libraries and be more effective at writing code.
Who this course is for:
- If you want to use a game engine that uses Lua, you can take this course to fimiliarize yourself with the core syntax before diving into a project
- Beginner programmers can take this course to help them learn programming concepts and to expose themselves to more languages, making them better programmers
- Already a programmer? Awesome. Then this course will help you quickly learn Lua's core syntax
ProgLang Main Street is where I teach courses about programming languages. Currently my goal is to focus on the core concepts and syntax of programming languages. Yet, I do secretly have the desire to expand the courses and branch out into different areas.
Perhaps, after I gain enough experience in creating videos, I’ll be ready to take that leap. For now, I'll just be sticking to my guns and taking things one step at a time. I love creating video courses and sharing them here on this site. It's a nice safe place for me to geek out about something. The best thing is the feedback, and engagement I get from students.