Intro to Lovingkindness (Metta) Meditation
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 3 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- The formal method of meditation known as Lovingkindness or Metta.
- How to boost well-being and reduce stress.
- How to increase you capacity for forgiveness.
- How to cultivate an altruistic love for all beings.
- How to develop a deeper connection to others.
- How to develop greater self-love and self-acceptance
- and more.
- This course is suitable for ALL LEVELS OF EXPERIENCE
- A quiet place to practice with minimal distractions will be helpful.
INTRODUCTION TO LOVINGKINDNESS MEDITATION: Awaken Your Heart
In this course you will learn the formal method of Lovingkindness (Metta) Meditation. Your guide for this meditative journey is meditation/mindfulness teacher, Anthony Profeta. Anthony spent over two decades studying the art of meditation in monasteries of the US, Nepal, & India and the lovingkindness practice is a method which is dear to his heart.
In this course, you will learn all about what lovingkindness is. You will dive down to the roots of the practice and explore the lovingkindness teaching itself to get an understanding of how and why it was taught, as well as, where it comes from. Some scientific research & benefits will be discussed. And you will of course be guided in a formal practice so can be confident in working with the technique on your own.
- Anyone interested in learning a method of meditation that can be applied to everyday life.
- Anyone looking to cultivate a greater level of compassion & forgiveness, as well, as an expansion of their heart.
- Someone looking to try a form of mindful meditation beyond breath-awareness.
- Anyone looking to improve their health in a natural way.
Welcome & introduction to your instructor, meditation teacher, Anthony Profeta.
In this video, Anthony will give you a brief introduction to himself, his background, and his own meditation journey.
In this video you will learn what the course will cover and a little background information on what lovingkindness is and where the lovingkindness practice comes from. But, even though lovingkindness traces its roots to Buddhist Tradition, Anthony discusses why this practice can be practiced by anyone.
In this video, Anthony takes us to the root of lovingkindness. He will share the very short, yet profound, Lovingkindness Discourse (Sutta/Sutra/Teaching) that was given by the Buddha so that we can understand where the practice comes from and how it was taught, as well as, the great benefit of working with this method.
Here we dive deep into the lovingkindness teaching line by line to truly understand its depth and power. For, those with deeper spiritual aspirations, Anthony will touch upon what the teaching says we should be working on in addition to the formal practice itself if we truly wish to expand & awaken our heart to love & compassion.
Here you will be instructed in the flow of the formal lovingkindness meditation. The structure of the practice is very systematic. It begins by sending loving energy inwards towards one's self through the recitation of these affirmations or words of well-wishes and then extending and radiating out this loving energy to others and the world.
Over the past couple of decades there has been a lot of research on meditation. In more recent years there has also be a lot of the scientific research and focus on the specific types of meditation such as lovingkindness & other compassion training practices. In this video, we will see what science says and touch upon some benefits associated with practicing lovingkindness.