Logistics and Supply Chains - Fundamentals,Design,Operations
What you'll learn
- You’ll have a thorough understanding of the role played by the logistics and supply chain function, particularly in terms of its key activities and ultimate aim
- You’ll learn how to develop, plan, and implement logistics and supply chain strategies that address capacity, external integration, and global operations
- You’ll understand the factors involved in facilities location decisions, including costing and scoring models
- You’ll be able to use tactical methodologies like MRP and JIT for capacity planning and supply chain control
- You’ll discover the best ways to improve purchasing, procurement, and transportation functions by learning how to choose suppliers and cost modes of transport
- You’ll understand the significance of the roles played by warehouse activities, equipment, and layout and operations
- You’ll know how to manage, calculate, and control inventory costs, economical order quantities, lead times, periodic review systems
- You’ll discover how to effectively measure and analyse your supply chain performance and operations in order to improve logistics and increase market resiliency
- You’ll understand best practices for managing returns and achieving social, economic, and environmental responsibility
- You’ll learn all the essential lean tools and techniques you need to improve your business process, achieve customer delight, and realise operational excellence
- Basic knowledge of logistics and supply chain operations and terminology.
In today’s competitive marketplace, companies are under constant pressure to perform in a business environment of reduced capital, slowing growth rates, and increased shareholder demands. Now more than ever, it’s important that your organisation learns to maximise the power of its working capital by cutting costs and reducing the expenses associated with its Supply Chain Operations.
Every organisation, whether it manufactures goods or provides services, needs a reliable flow of materials. Global logistics operations play an essential role in the commercial supply chain function, and are responsible for all aspects of material movement. In fact, wise business owners and managers are quickly realising that, rather than being an isolated operation, their supply chain occupies a unique position in linking external suppliers with customers. If you want your organisation to benefit from a more competitive position, it’s crucial that you take steps to develop and implement an effective logistics strategy as part of your supply chain integration.
Logistics and Supply Chain Management is a particularly fast-moving field whose ultimate goal is to delight and satisfy the customer. The methods and management strategies your business adopts for everything from procurement of goods to control of inventory will have a profound impact on costs, customer service, and your company’s overall profitability.
No business works in isolation, and recent developments in how companies operate in terms of integrating fresh technologies, exploiting global markets, and serving and communicating with customers are making new demands on planning and controlling the flow of materials. This course has been designed to give business owners and managers a current view of supply chain management, and an introduction to the best methods for responding to modern demands through improvements in areas like capacity, warehouse, and transportation strategies.
This course will teach you everything you need to know to successfully manage the end-to-end, forward and backward flow of materials and information across your supply chain. Together, we’ll examine the concepts, tactics, and applications of various logistics tools and technologies in order to promote a big-picture understanding that extends well beyond internal operations.
By the end of this course, you’ll have a valuable and practical skill set that will allow you to create, implement, and oversee the activities of a global supply chain involving suppliers, distributors, and customers world-wide. You’ll know how to consistently adhere to best practices, and you’ll understand the common terminology that’s used in corporate communications. By showing you how to modernise your approach to supply chain management, this course will make it possible to improve your position in the marketplace through the efficient flow of goods and materials from the supplier, to your business, to the customer – and back again.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for beginners and intermediate students/professionals in logistics, supply chain and operations management who want to improve and broaden their scope of knowledge on the subject.
- This course is designed for more seasoned professionals looking for a quick refresher and test their knowledge and application of logistics and supply chain management.
We provide courses and programs related to Industrial Management, Logistics, Transportation, Supply Chain Operations, Manufacturing and Warehouse Management.
Our team includes instructors with expertise in manufacturing, logistics, operations, and services. All the instructors are international-level professionals, having 15+ years of practice and Master’s Degree in their relevant field.
Among other professional recognitions, our instructors are Certified Supply Chain Professionals (CSCP), Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belts and Certified in Sales and Operations Planning.
We strive to provide an interactive and engaging learning experience for professionals all around the globe and help them understand and adapt to the requirements of modern management.