How to Animate Logos for Companies & Brands
- Have access to Adobe After Effects. Student subscriptions to the creative cloud are $20/month.
Ever wanted to make cool animations but don't think you are creative enough? Or ever wanted to learn "how to make money online" but not interested in mumbo jumbo sales pages? Learn a real skill that provides real value to businesses-- no creativity needed. Our course will introduce you to the basic elements of motion graphics and teach you how to apply these simple motion recipes to lucrative logo animations.
There are many different ways to make money with motion graphics. In my eyes, the top three are: 1. Explainer Videos (advanced); 2. MicroVideos for social media (moderate); and 3. Living Logos (beginner). Most people begin their After Effects career attempting to create a difficult long form explainer video- which almost always leads to frustration and burnout. Instead, it's better to begin with simple projects and build slowly from there. Which is why we recommend starting with Living logos.
Living logos are the easiest (and most immediately profitable) form of motion graphics to begin. Unlike explainer videos which require in depth knowledge of the entire After Effects Application, Living Logos only require you to master a few simple workflows. So instead of overloading you with unnecessary information, this course instead focuses on the bare bones. The basic building blocks of animation that you can immediately apply to paying Living Logo projects.
Content will always be up to date.
Access simple looping GIFs that explain common After Effects obstacles
- Anyone who wants to remove the frustration from learning After Effects
- Anyone who wants to earn a reliable secondary income
- Understanding the After Effects interface07:29
- Understanding the After Effects interface2 questions
- Motion Element: 1. POP02:55
- Quiz - Pop3 questions
- Motion Element: 2. FADE00:59
- Quiz - Fade1 question
- Motion Element: 3. ORBIT04:34
- Quiz - Orbit1 question
- Motion Element: 4. FLIP02:56
- Quiz - Flip1 question
- Motion Element: 5. FILL06:19
- Quiz - Fill2 questions
- Motion Element: 6. WIPE04:16
- Quiz - Wipe1 question
- Motion Element: 7. BOUNCE04:49
- Motion Element: 8. REVEAL04:00
- Quiz - Reveal1 question
- Motion Element: 9. WIGGLE06:17
- Quiz - Wiggle2 questions
- Combining Styles into "Motion Recipes"05:59
- Motion Curves06:00
- Motion Curves2 questions
- Motion Blur02:13
- Motion Blur2 questions
- File Structure04:23
- File Structure1 question
- Render Basics09:50
- Intermediate Demo Logo: Sequential Pop (start to finish)40:00
- Advanced Demo Logo: Masking and Alpha Modes56:05
- Demo Logos Assets01:04
- Intermediate Demo Lego: Sequential Scale & Mask Reveal01:01:33
I am a Saint Louis based entrepreneur with a passion for motion graphics. I have been making videos since middle school and believe it is one of the best ways to communicate complex ideas simply. There is so much emotion in motion, and I can't wait to help ease your After Effects learning curve!