Livecode : One code to rule them all
- A personal computer with Mac OS, Windows or Linux installed
- A Mac is needed if you want to create apps for iOS
Would you ever think that it would be possible to learn just one programming language ? And to use it to create apps for every desktop operating system and all the leading mobile operating systems ? Well, that language exists, and you'll be surprised to find out that probably you can already understand it if you can speak English.
Welcome to Livecode.
Actually Livecode is not just a programming language; it's a complete environment that can be used to develop apps for Mac OS, Windows, Linux, iOS and Android.
Its programming language differs from many of today's programming languages because it's been designed to be very similar to human language. You probably know most of its syntax since it's almost identical to the English language: why invent and learn something new when we already have our own human and natural language ?
This introductory course will explain how to download the free version (yes, it's free, unless you want to compile and lock up your code !) and use it to create your first hello world stack.
After that you will create your very own clone of the flappy bird game in less than the duration of a footbal match and deploy it on Mac, Windows and iOS systems.
- Anyone who would like to approach programming for the first time
- Programmers with basic experience that want to learn a tool that is able to build apps for all of today's leading platforms
- Experienced programmers who need a tool to increase their productivity
- One Code to Rule Them All01:20
- Downloading and installing Livecode03:11
- Community vs Commercial02:38
- Some steps back in history02:52
- Hello world04:35
- Building for delivery02:56
- Planning your app02:09
- Making the bird04:17
- Flying the bird18:57
- Making the city09:30
- Making the columns24:24
- Obstacle interaction and scoring system10:36
- Final building for desktop06:40
- Final building for iOS12:24
- Final wrap-up01:08
Fulvio is a longtime multimedia developer and designer with more than twenty years experience in the industry. He developed world-class multimedia CD-ROMs using Director and HyperCard (for those who come from that age), top-trending web sites using Flash (till it survived) and then chart-topping iOS apps using Unity3D and other IDT.
He is currently working as a freelance app developer and consultant, while in the free time enjoys sailing around the world.