Literature Review Bootcamp: How To Write A Literature Review
What you'll learn
- WHAT exactly a literature review is (and isn't) and how this fits into the bigger picture of the research process.
- WHAT different types of literature reviews exist (systematic, unsystematic, standalone, etc.) and how they vary.
- WHAT you need to have in place before you even start your literature review, so that you don't waste time rewriting.
- WHAT the three critically important components of a literature review are and how to develop them.
- WHAT the reviewers/assessors are typically looking for in a literature review and what they focus on in each section.
- HOW to write a high-quality literature review that lays a rock-solid foundation for your dissertation or thesis.
- FREE access to our comprehensive literature cataloguing tool (XLS) and literature review chapter template (DOC).
- FREE access to our Resource Master List, unlocking access too 100s of additional videos, templates and tools.
- This course is designed for first-time researchers, so you don't need any prior research experience.
- We'll unpack each concept from the ground up using straightforward language and practical examples.
Whether you’re a first-time researcher, just starting out and feeling a little overwhelmed by the literature review process - or you’re already knee-deep in the writing process but need a little guidance to ensure you’re on the right path - this online course is for you.
Designed and presented by the award-winning team of research specialists at Grad Coach, this course provides you with a step-by-step practical guide to help develop your literature review. Together, we’ll work through loads of practical examples to illustrate each point and review actual successful literature review, so that you can see exactly what it takes to write a high-quality literature review. Along the way, you can test your understanding with interactive pop quizzes and ask questions about each lesson as you work through the course.
This online course is designed for both undergrad and postgrad students who are new to the academic research process. You don’t need to have any prior research experience, as we unpack each concept from the ground up. While this course is geared towards literature reviews within the sciences (especially the social sciences), the principles and concepts we’ll cover apply to the vast majority of research areas.
Within the course, you can use the carefully designed practical exercises to build your actual literature review as you work through the course. In other words, by the end of the course, you won’t just have a certificate - you’ll have a foundation for your own literature review. All that said, if you’d prefer to just focus on specific lessons, you’re most welcome to do so, as each lesson works perfectly well on a standalone basis.
But it doesn’t stop there. By joining the course, you’ll get full, unrestricted access to our meaty collection of additional literature review-related resources. This includes a comprehensive literature review chapter template, hours upon hours of additional video lessons and webinars, as well as practical tools and resources.
In short, this course gives you everything you need to start writing your literature review. Best of all, you can easily work through it over a weekend or even a few weeknights - so you’re not signing up for a huge commitment.
Who this course is for:
- First-time researchers completing a dissertation or thesis (undergraduate or postgraduate).
- Students undertaking research within the sciences (e.g., business, psychology, education, nursing, etc.).
Grad Coach provides practical support to students undertaking research projects (e.g., dissertations, theses, research papers) around the world.
By adopting the philosophy of "plain-language, actionable advice and guidance", we aim to democratise access to practical research skills so that more students can achieve their goals, both academically and professionally.
To date, Grad Coach's educational content has helped over 7 million students across the globe.