English Literature: Literary Theory
- 10.5 hours on-demand video
- 22 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- In this course, you will first learn major theoretical ways of critical reading and then learn to apply these skills while reading some texts provided through the course. You will also learn how to use these skills in developing critical skills useful in real life situations.
- You should be interested in viewing/ reading the course materials and should be willing to practice what you learn.
This is an ever-growing course and new materials will be added regularly.
Designed for students and beginning scholars of English Literature, this course will introduce you to major schools of thought in English literary theory and literary analysis. Besides the video lectures, the course includes textual resources, links to longer and more detailed videos, and links to the resources on my website.
What You Will learn:
All major approaches to English literary theory and analysis.
How to read texts critically and how to understand literature from various theoretical perspective.
- This course is ideally suited for undergraduate English and humanities majors and minors and anyone else interested in developing their critical reading and analysis skills.
This video introduces you to the course and informs you about what to expect from the course. Ensuing videos will cover each major school of literary theory and will also provide you with additional resources.