Literacy Boot Camp 2
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to use Phrases - one of the Building Blocks for Active Literacy
- General English understanding
Is your son or daughter always (or are you) struggling with long or difficult books? Maybe you are having a tough time getting through the reading. Do you know a college or high school student who is unprepared for the difficulty level of the things you need to read to succeed in class?
Literacy Boot Camp will fix all of that.
Here are the exercises you'll need in order to become more literate and capable with English. These are the things that your grandparents did. They hated it, but this work is what they did back in the days to become not only LITERATE, but CONFIDENT when it comes to reading and writing. It isn't always fun, but it's the 'bad tasting medicine' that works best.
- Students who want to both write and speak with skill and complexity.
This is a short video about what we are doing in the class, and our overall philosophy of learning. Having a general plan, as well as a purpose is vital to seeing a project through.
Literacy Boot Camp 2 – What we are doing, and why we’re doing it.
1. Basic Concepts regarding English Writing and Speaking.
2. Educational Nutrition Crisis – How to get what you need to feed and grow your Intellectual Self Defense
3. It takes Communication Skills to navigate life.
4. You’ve been duped – get back what is your Birthright.
5. What level literacy do you need so that you do NOT get manipulated when you’re on your own.
6. Active Literacy: Writing and Speaking.
7. The usage and understanding of Phrases (a group of words that serve a purpose in a sentence).
There is no better way to improve than by doing.
If there's only one tip you take from this tutorial, this is the one:
· "I hear and I forget.
· I see and I remember.
· I do and I understand."
Practicing the Phrase exercise is the best way forward.
You know what really helps? studying with a friend.
Working with people on improving your score is the ultimate way to measure your growth. We’ve studied together here on this site. Now sit with someone else and prep together. I have found that it really works, as people motivate each other better than they do internally.
Thank you for choosing this prep class. Best of luck on this, and on everything else you do!
Douglas Marolla – Mt. Vernon HS, New York.