Listen to Understand- Increase Influence by Listening Skills
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 9 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Prerequisites for listening nicely
- 5 statements to assess your listening skill and how to improve it
- How to encourage others to share more
- Refining listening skill in professional life
- Enhancing listening skill while texting
- 50 Multiple choice questions that will help you revise and apply everything that you have learned in the course
- Should be able to read and understand English language
Listening is the most important part of the communication but still many take it for granted. It is the skill which can transform your professional, personal as well as spiritual identity. In short, good listening will make you a better human being.
Adults spend an average of 70% of their time engaged in some sort of communication. Of this, 45% of communication time is spent listening. Yet no one devotes any efforts to improve it. Improper listening is one of the reasons for miscommunications and fights in the relationship, this course will help you to avoid that.
By the end of this course, you will learn:
● Prerequisites for listening nicely
● 5 statements to assess your listening skill and how to improve it
● How to encourage others to share more
● Refining listening skill in professional life
● Enhancing listening skill while texting
● 50 Multiple choice questions that will help you revise and apply everything that you have learned in the course
Your benefits from this course:
➢ Boosting your productivity
➢ Building deeper relationships
➢ Having an influential impact in your conversations
➢ Not missing any critical information while listening
- Anyone who wants to improve their communication skill
- Who finds challenging to focus when others are speaking
- Anyone who wants to understand their loved one more nicely
In order to apply good listening skills for everyone, start with one. Choose one person from professional as well as your personal life to apply all your learnings.
How a person is sitting while talking, where his/her hands are placed, the expressions, the context etc. tells volumes. Listening to just to what is being said is just a fraction to the extent of communication possible. Learn how to recognize some basic body language and know what kind of body language you should have while listening.
Consider this- you and your colleague both attended the same meeting but both of you ended up with totally different projects. One was praised but other wasn't, as his interpretation didn't match with that of the boss. Every person cannot have uniform cognitive processing but to make sure that both people are on the same page, I have got you covered. Apply this tip to minimise misinterpretations and individual differences in understanding.
Sometimes the person interrupting while you speak seems encouraging, and sometimes it seems rude and irritating. Learn how to not be that irritating person but one who motivates to speak more and make others feel comfortable.
In the midst of a conversation suddenly a phrase struck you, which made you feel like dropping a plate from your hands as seen in the daily soaps.
Maybe not that extreme, but it'll surely keep you from listening to the latter conversation. Learn how to bring your mind back to a calm state and be an active listener despite triggering sentences.
The correct answers and explanations to questions 11 to 20. You can download the PDF to solve the MCQs on your own.