Managing database versions with Liquibase and Spring Boot
What you'll learn
- define a database structure using Liquibase in XML format
- upgrade and rollback database structure
- integrate Liquibase with Spring Boot for automatic database creation and upgrade on application startup
- use Liquibase for testing database upgrades and rollbacks
- generate SQL upgrade and rollback scripts
- Understand basics of relational databases
- Be able to write SQL statements that create tables, indexes etc.
- Be able to pull source code from a Git repository
- Be able to write Java code and use Spring Boot
- Have IDE that allows creating Java web applications (e.g. IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse)
Do you want to stop frustration caused by manual database updates? Do you know that there is a free tool to help you out? If your answer is YES, it means that you might benefit from this course.
I start from the very beginning of using Liquibase. You should have some database and SQL knowledge. Basics of Java will increase your final satisfaction as I will also show you Liquibase integration with Spring Boot. I believe in practice so there will be mostly coding with some necessary theory. You will have many chances to try using Liquibase yourself because I included some exercises for you as well.
Get ready for an exiting journey to through Liquibase functionalities.
Who this course is for:
- Java developers who want to make development and delivery of the database easy
I believe I have a unique combination of skills: database, backend and frontend which makes me a valuable consultant and instructor.