Linux for Beginners
- 5.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 64 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- By the end of this course you will understand the fundamentals of the Linux operating system and be able to apply that knowledge in a practical and useful manner.
- A desire to learn.
JOIN THE OTHER 40,000 SUCCESSFUL STUDENTS WHO HAVE ALREADY MASTERED THE LINUX OPERATING SYSTEM WITH ONE OF MY TOP RATED COURSES!
If you want to learn how to use Linux, but don't know where to start read on. Knowing where to start when learning a new skill can be a challenge, especially when the topic seems so vast. There can be so much information available that you can't even decide where to start. Or worse, you start down the path of learning and quickly discover too many concepts, commands, and nuances that aren't explained. This kind of experience is frustrating and leaves you with more questions than answers. Linux for Beginners doesn't make any assumptions about your background or knowledge of Linux. You need no prior knowledge to benefit from this course. You will be guided step by step using a logical and systematic approach. As new concepts, commands, or jargon are encountered they are explained in plain language, making it easy for anyone to understand.
Here's What People Are Saying About Jason and His Courses:
"Excellent course on Linux! It is the best way to get started using Linux that I have come across." --Chris Bischoff, Udemy student
"This class was a great review of the 2 Linux classes I took in school. I learned plenty of new stuff and got a great refresher on things I haven't used in some time. I did well on my interview and got the job I was looking for. Thanks!" --Alan Derrick, Udemy student
"This was a great course! Learned a lot from it!" --Ricardo José Crosara Junior, Udemy student
"Excellent starter course. Very good and complete guide to get you started on working on Linux." --Brian Mulder, Udemy student
"Great course! Easy to understand for beginners and a great refresher for experienced users!" --Spencer Ball, Udemy student
"Very well laid out course. Thanks Jason!" --Eric Etheredge, Udemy student
"Love it... it's absolutely one of the best courses I've taken here on Udemy." --Idriss N, Udemy student
"Awesome Course! Another great one. Thanks Jason!" --John Wilmont, Udemy student
"Excellent Course! Having come from a moderate understanding of Linux, this course has given me a deeper and more streamlined understanding of Linux. Definitely worth the money." --Armando Cabrera, Udemy student
"Fantastic course and very beautifully explained." --S John, Udemy student
"Great course, great instructor. I enjoyed every minute of it. I recommend this course 100%." --Alfredo, Udemy student
"I am lovin' it. Nice way to begin one's journey into Linux." --Rohit Gupta, Udemy student
Free Bonus - How to Install WordPress on Your Very Own Linux System
As an added bonus for enrolling in the Learn Linux in 5 Days video training course, you'll receive a step-by-step checklist and video that teaches you how to install WordPress on an Ubuntu Linux system. First, you'll learn what software is required for WordPress to run on a Linux system. Next, you'll be given the exact commands to type that install all the required software and WordPress.
You'll learn how to install a web server, how to install a database server, how to create database users, and how to configure WordPress. Before you know it, you'll have a fully functioning blog on your hands. This is a great way to put your new-found Linux skills to good use. Totally optional, but very cool: If you want to host your blog on the internet on your very own installation of Linux, I'll show you were you can get hosting for just $5 a month.
Here is what you will learn by taking Linux for Beginners:
- How to get access to a Linux server if you don't already.
- What a Linux distribution is and which one to choose.
- What software is needed to connect to Linux from Mac and Windows computers.
- What SSH is and how to use it.
- The file system layout of Linux systems and where to find programs, configurations, and documentation.
- The basic Linux commands you'll use most often.
- Creating, renaming, moving, and deleting directories.
- Listing, reading, creating, editing, copying, and deleting files.
- Exactly how permissions work and how to decipher the most cryptic Linux permissions with ease.
- How to use the nano, vi, and emacs editors.
- Two methods to search for files and directories.
- How to compare the contents of files.
- What pipes are, why they are useful, and how to use them.
- How to compress files to save space and make transferring data easy.
- How and why to redirect input and output from applications.
- How to customize your shell prompt.
- How to be efficient at the command line by using aliases, tab completion, and your shell history.
- How to schedule and automate jobs using cron.
- How to switch users and run processes as others.
- How to find and install software.
- Unconditional Udemy 30 day money-back guarantee - that's my personal promise of your success!
What you learn in Linux for Beginners applies to any Linux environment including CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, Kali Linux, Linux Mint, RedHat, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Slackware, and more.
When you enroll, you get lifetime access to the course. Your course never expires. You can study at your own pace and refer back to the lessons whenever you want!
I stand behind my courses and care about your goals. That's why this course comes with an unconditional 30-day money-back guarantee. It's my personal promise of your success! So...
Enroll now and start learning the Linux skills you need to level up your career!
- People with limited time
- Anyone with a desire to learn about Linux.
- People that have Linux experience, but would like to learn about the Linux command line interface.
- Existing Linux users that want to become power users.
- People that need Linux knowledge for a personal or business project like hosting a website on a Linux server.
- Professionals that need to learn Linux to become more effective at work. Helpdesk staff, application support engineers, and application developers that are required to use the Linux operating system.
- People thinking about a career as a Linux system administrator or engineer, but need the basics first.
- Researchers, college professors, and college students that will be using Linux servers to conduct research or complete course work.
This is an overview of the Linux for Beginners course. You will learn about some of the topics that will be covered and demonstrated as the course progresses.
In this lesson you will learn:
What a Linux Distribution or Linux Distro is
What the most common Linux Distros are
How to choose the right Linux Distro
Specifically you'll learn about the most popular Linux Distros including RHEL (RedHat Enterprise Linux), CentOS, and Ubuntu.
Other Distros are mentioned, such as Linux Mint, Debian, Mageia, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Arch Linux, and Slackware.
In this lesson you will learn how to install CentOS 8 and/or RHEL (RedHat Enterprise Linux) 8.
In this lesson you will learn about two commands that will help you find files and directories.