Linux, Unix essentials and introduction to shell scripting
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 17 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Wide range of commonly used command line commands in Linux / Unix command
- How to create, insert, modify files using editors vi, Nano
- Shell scripting fundamentals, including automation of scripts execution through cronjob
- IOT devices such as Raspberry Pi, Beagle Bone, Orange Pi run on Linux and market need for expert in Linux, Unix is ever growing. Learning this OS (command line, Scripting) will open plethora of opportunities.
- Basic programming and interest to learn - Linux/Unix command line and shell scripting
- Access to Linux / Unix operating system command line and file system OR Raspberry pi 3 with Linux OS OR Ubuntu based OS
This course is designed to make beginner and get into expert. Course has logical section and also loaded with quiz to test one knowledge.
As more and more organization are moving into Linux and Unix operating system, the additional Linux, Unix skills gained by developers would make them more in demand. Earlier Unix was the OS for mainly server, but with Linux being light weight, open source and being adopted for standalone desktop and laptop as well, the opportunities bound to grow. Added to this, Internet of things based IOT devices such as Raspberry pi \ Beagle bone \ orange pi uses Linux based operating system. Hence, in next few years, there is bound to be exceptional growth with good career opportunities for Linux and Unix skilled experts.
Furthermore, had extensively used Raspberry Pi - Linux for all demonstration and activities in the course.
From a developer perspective, this course not only cover command line commands, but also Bash shell scripting to make you comprehensive developer expert in Linux \ Unix OS.
The topic covered are as follows:
Operating system overview - Operating System introduction and components, Operating System structure, User and operating system
Linux and Unix introduction - Linux and Unix Introduction , Environment option for learning.
Files and directory commands - cat, head, tail, wc, copy, move, remove, touch, directory listing, grep, history, symbolic link, absolute and relative path
Editor - File creation and modification - vi, nano.
File permission - Assigning and modification.
Other commands - Wild card, file Redirection, FTP
Monitoring and controlling process - Process monitor and kill command
House keeping - Archive and extracting (tar, compress, uncompress)
sed - stream editor
Basic shell scripting(bash) - LET, READ, DEBUG commands, IF, FOR, WHILE, CASE, UNTIL, FUNCTION Commands and shell scripting examples.
awk programming - overview
Automate script execution - crontab listing and creation.
All the demonstration code are uploaded into resources section.
- Beginners to learn Linux or Unix command line and shell scripting
- Any IT developer, who wish to up-skill or acquire additional Linux / Unix skills.
- IT students, who like to get skilled in Linux/ Unix command line and shell scripting.