Linux Security and Hardening, The Practical Security Guide
What you'll learn
- Learn any LINUX flavour operating system security and hardening
- Little knowledge about any Unix Operating System RAM 8GB , CPU Two Cores,Oracle Virtual BOX,CentOS IOS image
This course covers foundation security concepts and guidelines that can help Linux system administrators keep their Linux servers safe. It also takes you step-by-step though hardening measures. Explore some of the security weaknesses of the Linux operating system, and learn how to protect against those weaknesses. Learn about ways to prevent attackers from breaking into your systems when they have physical access to your machine. Plus, learn how to secure the various account types on a Linux system, enforce strong passwords, configure the firewall in Linux, and more.
The Following topics include:
· What makes Linux secure?
· Physical security concepts
· Encrypting new and existing devices
· Account and network security
· Linux firewall fundamentals
· File system security
· File and directory permissions
Linux Security Demos IDS and Fail2BAN
1-what is tripwire?
2-Install and Configure Tripwire IDS on CentOS 7?
3-What is Fail2BAN?
4-How to Setup and configure Fail2Ban on CentOS 7?
Who this course is for:
- System Administrator, Database Administrator, DevOps developer
I have done Master in Computer science (IT) and additionally I have more than 17 years of professional experience UNIX administration, Oracle database administration with different flavors (Solaris, Linux, Oracle Linux, Red Hat) and working as role Database specialist.I have completed command over following functions and skills.
· Oracle Database Administration
· MS SQL Server Administrations
· MYSQL/MariaDB Administration
· Sun Solaris Administration (Certified)
· Linux Administration (Red Hat ,CENTOS,UBUNTU)
· Oracle Application Server Administration
· Banner UDC technology stack DBA track
· Application Administration (LAMP,LEMP)
· Oracle EBS Administration
· Oracle Database Administration (RAC, Data Guard)
· Oracle Business Intelligence Administration
· Hyperion /ESBASE/WEB LOGIC
· Windows Server Administration
· Oracle Data Warehouse Builder
· SQL Server Administration
· Project Management
· Problem solving skills and approach
· Systems audit and control
· Oracle OAM 11G,OSSO 10G EBS R12
· Data Center Design and Implementation
· VMware Infrastructure
· EMC Storage and Legato Networker Administration