Linux Operating System: A complete Linux guide for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Linux System Administration skills.
- Complete Understanding of Linux & fill in any existing knowledge gaps.
- Linux key concepts and commands starting from scratch. (No prior Linux knowledge is required)
- Become an Independent User of the Linux Operating System.
- Have deep understanding of Linux fundamentals and concepts
- How to set up the Linux environment (Installing Linux Mint in a VM)
- Setup your own Apache Server
- Host your own website on Linux server
- A computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux) with an Internet connection.
- No prior Linux knowledge is required. You will learn everything from scratch!
- Your time and enthusiasm to learn.
This is a brand new Linux Administration course updated in August 2022.
Linux is the number 1 operating system in the Corporate world. Industry's most powerful computers are Linux-based. Linux is a popular open-source operating system that’s easy to use and highly secure.
Every time you use Google or Facebook or any other major Internet site, you are communicating with servers running Linux. Most DVRs, airplane, and automobile entertainment systems, and recent TVs run on Linux. Also, if you are using an Android phone, you are using a flavor of Linux.
Linux offers low-cost servers that can run almost every major web development language available. With the availability of cloud computing, the Linux market share is skyrocketing.
By enrolling in this course you’ll learn what really matters and you’ll get the skills to get ahead and gain an edge, the best investment in your career!
If you want to start your career in Linux and have little or no knowledge of Linux then this course will definitely help. In this course, you will learn Linux installation, configuration, administration, shell scripting, and much more. It is specially designed for you in case you have no prior experience in Linux, or you’ve taken other related courses and you want to fill in gaps, or you are coming from other fields.
You'll have lifetime access and you can return and look for a specific Linux concept or command anytime you want.
In addition to the lectures, there will be quizzes, additional resources, and hand-out material to aid the learning experience.
You'll also learn how to create your own Apache Server and host a real-time website.
Who this course is for:
- Beginning IT professionals who want to expand into Linux
- People with limited time.
- Anyone with a desire to learn about Linux.
- People thinking about a career as a Linux System Administrator or Engineer, and need to learn basics.
Hi! I'm Ankush, a cloud engineer by profession. I have a degree in Information Technology and I love working with new tech and computers.
My focus and interests have included various topics in the fields of computers and technology. Teaching has been a passion for a number of years.
In addition to my interest in teaching, I have experience as a Cloud engineer. My role in this field has provided me with experience and insight into the architecture, deployment, development, and administration of cloud environments. A newer interest of mine has been in the area of virtualization and AWS.
On a personal note, my hobbies include reading, traveling, and playing card games with my family and friends. I love music, especially Kawali.
I am looking forward to the experience and challenge of teaching and learning online with you. Computer Science is a field that covers a vast amount of information and due to its abundance and necessity, it is easily applied to our own lives and the lives of those around us.
Hope that our learning journey together makes you enjoy the world of technology as I do!