Linux Fundamentals for IT Professionals
- Basic Computer Skills
- Access to Linux Virtual Machine or Setup Linux locally
- Demos are given using RedHat and hence some of the commands might not work as is
We are glad to announce a course on Linux Fundamentals which every Software Professional should be aware of. Before getting into details, we are not experts in Linux and we are only trying to share our experience of using handful of Linux commands and ability to write simple shell scripts for most common use cases.
If you fall in any of the below categories, then this course is for you
Computer Science or Information Technology Student
Production Support or Operations
Software Engineer/Application Developer
Data Engineer or Big Data Engineer
Any other role except for Systems Administrator
If you are Systems Administrator with extensive experience in managing Linux based systems, then this course might not be for you.
It might not make much of difference to your career immediately, but the course will make you
comfortable while working on day to day tasks
automate the daily mundane tasks
hack to get the information from files for debugging the issues
At the end of the course your productivity or learning ability will improve for sure.
We will understand basic concepts, most common commands, basic shell scripting, automating simple use cases, virtualization and more.
Here are the details
Overview of Hardware, Operating Systems and launching AWS EC2 instances
Connecting to servers – detailed session on SSH, users and groups, profile, telnet, ping and firewalls/security groups
Manipulating Files and Managing Directories including basic file permissions and ACLs
Important commands – getting help, list files, search/find for files, copying files between the servers
Manipulating data – Piping output to commands, searching/filtering, transforming, sorting, getting unique values
System commands – Operating System, details about CPU, storage as well as memory, get process details and understand standard directories
Regular Expressions, overview of vi or vim editor
Basics of shell scripting – Scripting tools and developing one liners
Basics of shell scripting – Develop shell script to issue commands on multiple nodes and save output to file
Basics of shell scripting – Develop shell script to validate all the tables passed in a file
Setting up Virtual environment (using Virtualbox and Vagrant)
Understanding AWS in detail
Who this course is for:
- Any data engineer who want to learn Linux commands and scripting for day to day usage
- Any application developer who have to deal with linux to run their applications
- Any production support professional who have to provide L1 or L2 support for applications running on Linux
- Any Computer Science or Information Technology student who want to understand the usage of Linux in real world projects
- Any Cloud or Systems Engineer who have to support or provide environment based on Linux
- 02:18Overview of Hardware
- 03:02Overview of Operating System
- 09:45Personal Computer vs. Enterprise Server
- 01:04Overview of Data Centers
- 02:11Physical Machine vs. Virtual Machine
- 02:46Signing up for AWS
- 09:41Provision EC2 instance
- 05:10Connecting to EC2 Instances
- 04:33Basic Linux Commands
13+ years of experience in executing complex projects using vast array of technologies including Big Data and Cloud.
ITVersity, Inc. - a US based organization to provide quality training for IT professionals and we have the track record of training hundreds of thousands of professionals globally.
Building IT career for people with required tools such as high quality material, labs, live support etc to upskill and cross skill is paramount for our organization.
At this time our training offerings are focused on following areas:
* Application Development using Python and SQL
* Big Data and Business Intelligence
* Datawarehousing, Databases