Linux Binary Analysis for Ethical Hackers and Pentesters
What you'll learn
- This tutorial will teach students the inner working of Binary files ( ELF formats ) and methods used by malware analysts for malware analysis
- In this tutorial you will learn about Basics of ELF in Linux UNIX environment. You will learn in depth coverage of binary compilation process of Linux ELF.
- You will learn file injection techniques in ELF in Linux OS. You will learn how to do dynamic and static ELF file analysis in linux OS
- After taking this course you will feel very confident in the area of malware analysis in linux environment
- C programming,Assembly language, Linux terminal commands
If you want to build a career in Ethical Hacking and cyber security you should have the basic understanding of the file(ELF) and system (OS) internal working. If you want to learn about reverse engineering,malware workings and system internal working with the malwares then this course is for you. In this course you will learn the essential parts of Binary (ELF) analysis in Linux (UNIX) Operating System. We will start from the ground level and goes indepth inside the Binary (ELF) in Linux System. After finishing this course you will have a good understanding of the Binary files of how a Binary (ELF) works in Operating system. You will gain confidence and you will be ready to understand the basics of Malware working.
Learning about Binary files is a complex task and needs a lot of time to spend on the internet and books, whatever i have learned from my experience I have shared into this course of Linux Binary Analysis for Ethical Hackers and pentesters.
Binary analysis is the process of identifying an ELF and analyzing its behavior. A Binary analysis may use a variety of tools and techniques to identify malware. These may include static analysis, dynamic analysis, behavioral analysis, network traffic analysis, and forensic analysis.
Who this course is for:
- Are you curious about how hackers inject malicius code inside the executable files and how they create malicious program to work for them. How hackers infect the executables with malwares, if your answer is yes then this course is for you. So in this tutorial I will show you the basic backbone of a Binary file structure and its internal working with the OS. At then end of the tutorial you feel the basic understanding of the Binary files working and structures and how to manipulate them according to your need.
Hi there, I'm a cyber security instructor with a passion for teaching others about the importance of digital security. With years of experience in the field, I'm excited to share my knowledge and expertise with students of all levels.
My background includes a combination of practical experience and academic training. I've worked in both the public and private sectors, including for large corporations and government agencies, where I've gained hands-on experience in threat analysis, incident response, and risk management. I've also pursued advanced degrees in cyber security, providing me with a deep understanding of the underlying principles and theories of the field.
As an instructor, I'm dedicated to helping students develop the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in the fast-paced world of cyber security. I use a range of teaching methods, including lectures, hands-on exercises, and real-world case studies, to ensure that students are fully engaged and able to apply what they've learned in practical settings.
I'm a firm believer in the power of collaboration and community-building in the field of cyber security. I encourage my students to work together and share ideas, and I'm always available to answer questions and provide guidance as they progress through their studies.
Overall, my goal as a cyber security instructor is to help prepare the next generation of professionals for the challenges of securing our digital world. I'm passionate about empowering students to make a difference and helping them achieve their full potential as cyber security experts.