Linux Basics and Troubleshooting for CompletePBX
- Access to a CentOS machine for practice would be nice, but not essential.
The goal of the course is to give the trainee basic familiarity with the Linux operating system, the ability to perform basic day-to-day activities in the PBX, and provide some basic troubleshooting tools.
This course is Web-based and requires no special equipment or prior technical knowledge.
This course provides an introduction to Linux by providing:
Basic familiarity with the Linux operating system
Some basic Linux tools
Some basic troubleshooting tools
Who this course is for:
- Folk managing CompletePBX 5 systems based on CentOS
- 00:15Getting to Grips with Linux
- 06:06Putty, CLI, and Basic Linux Commands
- 04:02Linux Conventions and Basic Commands
- 06:01Linux Navigation
- 08:14Linux Help System
- 04:43Advanced Commands
- 06:17VIM Editor for Linux
- 05:53More Editing Tools for Linux (nano and Midnight Commander)
- 05:04File Transfer with FileZilla
- 05:18File Transfer with WinSCP
- 05:54More Troubleshooting
Many years ago I was a COBOL programmer. Since then, I have managed various operating system, including RT-11, RSTS/E, OpenVMS, Linux (many flavors), and Windows.
Currently, I work for a small company that produces both hardware and software enabling you to host asterisk-based PBX servers on-site or in the cloud, supporting small users with less than 10 extensions up to major installations with thousands of extensions