Network Routing Fundamentals
- No prerequisites or requirements, you can get started now
- A desire to learn the basics of network routing
- No physical networking hardware or software required
This course is for the absolute beginner. Have you ever wanted to know, in very simple terms, the answers to the following questions:
What is network routing?
How do computers communicate with each other?
How are computers able to reliably transfer data to one another?
Why is routing important in IT networking?
If you answered yes, then this course is for you. Our goal with this course is to provide a simple, conceptual introduction to the fundamentals of IT network routing. There are no technical explanations or definitions to memorize - this course is visual, and strictly conceptual. When you are done with this course, you will have the foundation to move forward onto more advanced networking courses. And by having the frame-of-reference understanding from this course, you will be more prepared to tackle the more complex technical concepts and terminology.
Who this course is for:
- The Network Routing Fundamentals course is for the absolute beginner
- You want to build a basic foundation before moving into more advanced networking or certification courses
- You want a high-level explanation of what network routing is
- 02:26Course Overview
- 00:27About the Instructor
- 10:42Free Linux Academy Community Account (required for bonus labs and flashcards)
Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. We strive to change lives by teaching Linux and cloud technology. Students can learn new skills, get certified, and advance in their career.
Our full-time, expert instructors create content on AWS, Linux, OpenStack, DevOps, Azure, and Big Data.