Linux Operating System Fundamentals
- No prerequisites or requirements, you can get started now
- A desire to learn the basics of Linux
- No additional hardware or software required, just your personal computer
This course is for the absolute beginner. Have you ever wanted to know, in very simple terms, the answers to the following questions:
What is Linux and how does it work?
Why is Linux important?
What is the purpose of an operating system?
How did Linux become such a big part of the IT industry?
If you answered yes, then this course is for you. Our goal with this course is to provide a simple, conceptual introduction to the fundamentals of Linux as an operating system. There are no technical explanations or definitions to memorize - this course is visual, and strictly conceptual. When you are done with this course, you will have the foundation to move forward onto more advanced Linux courses. And by having the frame-of-reference understanding from this course, you will be more prepared to tackle the more complex technical concepts and terminology.
Who this course is for:
- The Linux Operating System Fundamentals course is for the absolute beginner
- You want to build a basic foundation for working with Linux systems
- You want a high-level understanding of how operating systems work
- 03:20About this Course
- 00:49About the Instructor
- 10:42Free Linux Academy Community Account (required for bonus labs and flashcards)
Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. We strive to change lives by teaching Linux and cloud technology. Students can learn new skills, get certified, and advance in their career.
Our full-time, expert instructors create content on AWS, Linux, OpenStack, DevOps, Azure, and Big Data.