- There are no prerequisites you need before taking this course
- A desire to learn the basics of DevOps and grow your I.T. skills
Have you ever wondered what DevOps is? Do you often hear terms such as "Continuous Integration", "Build Automation", and "Orchestration"? What about tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, and Chef?
This course provides a basic introduction to the DevOps essentials everyone needs to know. Covering all the terms and tools listed above, and much more. We designed the course to give you a working knowledge of what DevOps is and how it impacts I.T. in the real world. This course explains the culture of DevOps, as well as the primary practices and tools associated with DevOps. Furthermore, you will be introduced to the close relationship between DevOps and the cloud.
After completing this course, you should:
Be able to articulate what DevOps is.
Have a basic understanding of the major practices associated with DevOps.
Have some familiarity with the kinds of tools that are available to help you implement DevOps practices.
Have an understanding of the relationship between DevOps and cloud platforms.
This course is for the absolute beginner or an I.T. professional who just wants a quick refresher. Come join Linux Academy on your journey to learn about DevOps.
As an added bonus to all who enroll, we have made a select group of Linux Academy's Hands-On Labs and flashcards available for free to all students who wish to take advantage of them. Instructions on how to access these bonus features will be provided during the course. (NOTE: These bonus features are not a required part of the course. they are an addition you can choose if you so wish).
- Those new to I.T. and Cloud Computing who want to learn about DevOps
- What is DevOps?03:37
- A Brief History of DevOps05:19
- DevOps Introduction5 questions
- Free Linux Academy Community Account (required for bonus labs and flashcards)10:42
- The Goals of DevOps08:18
- A Story of DevOps vs. Traditional Silos11:29
- DevOps Culture4 questions
- Build Automation04:39
- Continuous Integration04:53
- Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment06:09
- Infrastructure as Code04:33
- Configuration Management04:33
- DevOps Concepts and Practices7 questions
- Introduction to DevOps Tools04:58
- Tools for Build Automation and Continuous Integration04:36
- Tools for Configuration Management06:29
- Tools for Virtualization and Containerization03:09
- Tools for Monitoring04:49
- Tools for Orchestration04:31
- DevOps Tools4 questions
- DevOps and the Cloud06:46
- DevOps and Google Cloud Platform03:39
- DevOps and Microsoft Azure02:22
- DevOps and Amazon Web Services04:26
- DevOps and the Cloud5 questions
- Next Steps02:05
Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. We strive to change lives by teaching Linux and cloud technology. Students can learn new skills, get certified, and advance in their career.
Our full-time, expert instructors create content on AWS, Linux, OpenStack, DevOps, Azure, and Big Data.