Beginner's Guide to Containers and Orchestration
- No prerequisites or requirements, you can get started now
- A desire to learn the basics of containers and orchestration
- No physical networking hardware or software required
This course is for the absolute beginner. Have you ever wanted to know, in very simple terms, the answers to the following questions:
What are containers?
How are containers managed?
What is orchestration?
Why are containers and orchestration important in modern IT architecture?
If you answered yes, then this course is for you. Our goal with this course is to provide a simple, conceptual introduction to the fundamentals of containers and orchestration. There are no technical explanations or definitions to memorize - this course is visual, and strictly conceptual. When you are done with this course, you will have the foundation to move forward onto more advanced networking courses. And by having the frame-of-reference understanding from this course, you will be more prepared to tackle the more complex technical concepts and terminology.
As an added bonus to all who enroll, we have made a select group of Linux Academy's Hands-On Labs and flashcards available for free to all students who wish to take advantage of them. Instructions on how to access these bonus features will be provided during the course.
(NOTE: These bonus features are not a required part of the course. They are an addition you can choose if you so wish.)
- The Beginner's Guide to Containers and Orchestration is for the absolute beginner
- You want to build a basic foundational knowledge of modern IT infrastructure
- You want a high-level understanding of containers
- Course Introduction02:35
- Why Containers?02:25
- About the Instructor00:28
- Free Linux Academy Community Account (required for bonus labs and flashcards)10:42
- What are Containers?05:26
- What is Orchestration?04:33
- What are Containers Used For?03:36
- Advantages and Limitations of Containers03:42
- What is Docker?02:15
- What About Other Container Runtimes?03:44
- What is Kubernetes?01:45
- What About Other Orchestration Solutions?04:06
- Cloud Transformation02:54
- Automated Scaling03:55
- Continuous Deployment Pipelines04:28
- Self-Healing Applications02:49
- Developer Visibility03:38
- Doing Containers in the Cloud02:40
- The Benefits of Containers in the Cloud03:53
- Next Steps02:27
Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. We strive to change lives by teaching Linux and cloud technology. Students can learn new skills, get certified, and advance in their career.
Our full-time, expert instructors create content on AWS, Linux, OpenStack, DevOps, Azure, and Big Data.