- 14 hours on-demand video
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Develop an excellent LinkedIn profile
- Learn a great etiquette and how to engage with professionals on LinkedIn
- Develop confidence in growing your network of business professionals
- Find the right LinkedIn professionals you would like to get in front of
- Be confident in starting or changing your career journey
- Stand out from the crowded jobs market
- Understand how to use storytelling in your LinkedIn profile to stand out from the crowd and be found
- How to communicate with your connections in a professional and proper way
- Find the right people and companies to connect to
- Locate the right companies with job vacancies in your region
- Intermediate level of computer skills
- Intermediate level of social networking skills
- Intermediate level of skill for setting up accounts on social media websites
- A really good profile photo, head and shoulders only and looking at the camera and smiling.
- Have all your qualifications and paperwork to hand in order to complete all your educational details.
- Write your own story about how you got started either in education or business and where you are now and what your vision is for yourself
This LinkedIn course is aimed at anyone who would like to improve and leverage their LinkedIn. This course is aimed at business professionals, students, educational professionals and anyone who is looking to improve their LinkedIn profile and not just maintain it, but leverage it further.
Business professionals are the largest represented members on LinkedIn and many have little or no knowledge how to leverage LinkedIn for their own personal reputation, either within their employer or as a personal brand for their own business. LinkedIn is now THE premium business development and lead generation tool of choice.
Furthermore students are the fastest demographic on LinkedIn, with a presence of around 39 million globally. Students who are not yet on LinkedIn, and there are plenty, will potentially lose out on being found by employers and equally will not find the perfect job for their aspirations. All Fortune 500 companies are represented on LinkedIn, which makes the platform and excellent place for you to connect with your future potential colleagues. Even if you are still in education or planning some further education, the time is appropriate right now to start developing your professional profile on LinkedIn.
And last but definitely not least, educational professionals are miles behind the curve of knowing how to educate young people from the age of 13 on how to use social media and prepare themselves properly for the world of work. LinkedIn is an essential tool in any young person's toolbox for getting in front of the right decision makers to achieve their employment of choice. 90% of all jobs are achieved through recommendation and/or referral.
This course will provide you with all the necessary instruction to develop a stellar LinkedIn profile. The course is primarily made up of video lectures and also includes a number eBook downloads, free of charge.
All social networking sites change and move on and it is my objective to update with new lectures that will reflect the changes on LinkedIn.
- Professionals who work for an employer and need a professional profile
- Professionals who are looking for a career move and need a professional profile
- Business owners, who need to develop their own personal brand on LinkedIn
- Students who are developing their work experience
- Students who are looking for an apprenticeship
- Students who are about to go to further education e.g. University
- Students who are looking to find a job
- Educational staff who wish to learn about LinkedIn and support students
The recordings in this e-learning course are from my weekly webinar series called LinkedIn Lectures Live. You may hear me reference the webinar and at the start of some lectures I will see 'the first thing I want to talk about'. Obviously that is at the start of each new webinar that I delivered. The purpose here is to allow you to catch up and refer back to webinars that you may have attended. Please feel free to get in touch with me and if anything doesn't make sense to you. LinkedIn constantly evolves and changes and of course I will attempt to keep up with those changes and they will be reflected in future episodes inside of here. Success and happy learning.
Creating a great landing profile with a decent profile photo, a well though headline and inspiring summary will ensure that you receive more profile views, invitation requests and invitation acceptances.
Influencers on LinkedIn are what I call business celebrities. They are invited by LinkedIn to join an elite group of people who have made it great in business and are the so-called thought leaders in their industry. They are on LinkedIn for the benefit of us, those who might not have made big yet! It’s their way of giving back and of course they are still promoting their businesses and achievements. They will like have hundreds of thousands of followers.
LinkedIn groups are created by independent LinkedIn members and can cover every single industry and sector. Some groups are larger than others and have thousands of members. You have to be a LinkedIn member to join a group. You can only ask to join a group or be invited by another group member. The group owner and moderator are the ones who decide who can join when they invite themselves. LinkedIn groups over the years have been abused by members and they became a cheap way to promote their own blog posts etc. These days LinkedIn groups are not very active. However it is still a good strategy to join groups in order to be able to connect with your audience easier.
Your experience section on LinkedIn is likely to be viewed by individuals wishing to connect to you. Please ensure that you complete it fully. Avoid writing a job description style summary. It’s better to write what you achieved in the role and share what you enjoy about your current role. Share your passion for the job and maybe a story about how you got the job too.