LinkedIn for Healthcare Professionals
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 15 articles
- 7 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Develop a LinkedIn profile that will help them build their practice, safely engage with their community and become a thought leader.
- All you need is to have a basic LinkedIn account set up. It would be helpful to have your most recent CSV available.
LinkedIn is the top platform for business professionals to connect, engage and share knowledge. As healthcare professionals connecting via LinkedIn can be an effective use of your time to establish thought leadership, build your professional reputation or engage with allied professionals around the globe. "LinkedIn for Healthcare Professionals" walks you though the major elements of a LinkedIn profile and how to optimize your profile for success.
The course is designed for healthcare professionals of all experience levels who are new to LinkedIn or want to expand their profiles to utilize more features of the platform. During the course you will get a guide of all the different sections of the platform and how it is being used by healthcare professionals. Below is the Course Curriculum:
Module 1: Welcome and Preparation
- Watch Video: Welcome!
- Watch Video: Preparation
- Watch Video: Paid or Free Account? & Explanation of Degrees
- Activity: Search LinkedIn for outdated profiles
- Activity: Find and update your most recent CV or resume
- Activity: Profile Picture
Module 2: LinkedIn Goals
- Watch Video
- Activity: Download LinkedIn Goal Worksheet
- Activity: Determine your goal for LinkedIn
Module 3: Your LinkedIn Profile
- Watch Video: Header Image
- Watch Video: Summary
- Watch Video: Professional Media
- Watch Video: Employment History
Module 4: LinkedIn Groups
- Watch Video: LinkedIn Groups
- Activity: Research LinkedIn groups
- Activity: Select groups to join
Module 5: Connecting
- Watch Video: Connecting
- Activity: Connect your address book
- Activity: Connect to current colleagues and professional friends
- Activity: Reach out to former colleagues
Module 6: LinkedIn Metrics
- Watch Video: LinkedIn Metrics
- Activity: Set personal goals for metrics
Module 7: Content
- Watch Video: Content for LinkedIn
- Activity: Follow 5 people of influence
- Activity: Share a status update
Module 8: Time Management
- Watch Video: Time Management
- Download: LinkedIn checklist
- Congratulations on your course completion!
- Connect in LinkedIn
- LinkedIn for Healthcare Professionals is designed for healthcare professional who plan to engage professionally online from building a social media presence to career development to establishing professional connections. The course is designed for all levels of healthcare professionals from new careerists to established professionals who are new to LinkedIn.
- Healthcare Administrators
- Practice Managers
- Medical Students
- Any professionals in healthcare
Thank you for joining LinkedIn for Healthcare Professionals. In the welcome lesson we'll review the course outline and what content you'll need to gather to begin this course.
"A picture is worth a thousand words" or "You never get a second chance to make a first impression" - Both of these over-worn expressions could not apply more to LinkedIn. We review the best practices for a professional profile image. Spoiler alert - "Selfies" could be OK.
Do you remember the last time you updated your CV? It should probably be an annual event and now is a good time to do it. For record keeping, notate on a master document as much as you can. Information to maintain includes:
- Specific start/end days for employment
- Details about job success
- Names and contact information for former co-workers
- Awards and Honors
- Volunteer work
You may not choose to put all this information in your LinkedIn profile but you'll be very glad to have it documented in case you do.
LinkedIn, like any social networking site, can take as much time as you are willing to give it. You can better manage your time, if you have specific goals you want to achieve by using this platform. In this video we'll look at the different ways you can utilize the platform and what benefits you might gain.