LinkedEnglish 2: Completing the English Pronunciation Puzzle
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 1 hour on-demand audio
- 26 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Pronounce complex word combinations effortlessly
- Produce a clear, rhythmic pattern of the English language
- Understand the importance of stress/non-stress alternations
- Know and produce the unique English intonation patterns
- Polish up links and connections for smoother English
- Know the meaning that any particular tone carries
- Please take LinkedEnglish: a Real-English Pronunciation Course to be able to "Complete This Puzzle"
LinkedEnglish 2 is an in-depth English pronunciation course that will answer your most common questions about the way the native speakers speak English, such as:
- Why is it that I can't hear all the words in the fluent English speech?
- How come the native speakers pronounce some words more clearly and "hide" others?
- Why do they all speak so fast? Why can I never keep up with their speed?
- Why do some words connect in such a way that they don't sound like themselves anymore?
- How is the English intonation similar or different from my native tongue and what are the ways for me to master it?
- What is the rhythm of the English language and why is my speech not so rhythmic?
- Why is it so difficult to pronounce long sentences clearly and confidently?
- If you've always wanted to understand a fluent native speaker's English without asking them, "Sorry, could you repeat that?" or "Sorry, could you please slow down?" this course is for you
- If you've always struggled with smoother English pronunciation (i.e. pronouncing word combinations and phrases effortlessly) this course is for you
- If you have completed LinkedEnglish: a Real Life English Pronunciation course and are eager to learn more, this course is for you
- If you would like to sound more natural, clear and if you would like to make a significant improvement in your accent this course is for you
- If you love English pronunciation or would love to teach it in a way that is truly meaningful, practical and empowering, this course is for you
Here're a few tips on how to get the most of this course and how to practice your skills to get the results you want. I will also give an overview of the structure of the course, so don't miss this!
When is "and" pronounced as "en"? Learn and practice today!
How does one pronounce "of?" Check out this video and practice to avoid one of the five most common mistakes made by non-native speakers.
Are you sure you can pronounce -s endings correctly? Check out this video with some very practical exercises!
This is a manuscript that I used for lectures in section 2, so if you would like to follow the lectures and read along, you can download it here! Disclaimer: This is not a word-for-word manuscript, although I've tried following 90% of it very closely.
Learn more about sound changes and disappearances. These little details will help your English sound more natural and clear.
Learn the most important things you need to know about English intonation and how it might be different from your native tongue. In this and following lectures I do a lot of comparisons with my native tongue, Russian, not to pigeonhole one language, but to illustrate how simple phrases when not toned right (or patterned after another language intonation) can sound really awkward in English.
Learn about the cases when the intonation in statements is rising. Practice it!