LinkedEnglish: Sound Like a Native in 5 Days
- Basic pronunciation concepts
- Basic English Grammar (I will use very few terms)
- Basic rules of reading
- Intermediate Listening Comprehension skills (the course is in English)
You're an expat who's trying to break through the "foreign-accent" prejudice in your career. No matter what they tell you about accent not being that important, you know how it changes the future.
When given an option between to equally skilled candidates, the HR will always lean towards the one with clearer speech because clear speech represents the company well.
You know you need to work on your accent, but where do you start? There's no time going over thick pronunciation books and long courses. And do you really need to practice every sound? What if you only had 5 days to speak more like a native, what would you focus on?
It took me some time to discover that pronunciation is not about drilling you to pronounce isolated sounds and words, it's about developing the ability to understand and produce a fluent English speech.
This led me to creating this course. If I only had 1 week to teach the most important, practical principles of English pronunciation, I would share these 5 basic principles that you will learn as soon as you enroll:
- English words always connect to each other. There are no "white spaces" or breaks in oral English!
- Some sounds are omitted (lost) from the flow of the English language.
- Some sounds are added to the flow of the English language.
- Some sounds are completely transformed.
- Conversational English never uses the standard "full Grammatical forms."
Join this course to learn more about these 5 magic principles that will help you gain more confidence and freedom while speaking English.
I will explain each principle in a video and then give you a chance to practice using real-life phrases and text excerpts. After the course you will hear and speak English much differently than now. Join today!
- Students with a great desire to speak fluently
- Students who would love to understand "fast English" better
- Students who love working on their pronunciation
- Students who are tired of not understanding how the words link together
- Students who would like to speak as naturally and fluently as possible
- Overview: 5 Basic concepts that will help you boost your fluency06:32
- Download the manual for the entire course8 pages
- Day 1: Loviterleavit! Get rid of the “spaces” in your speech11:27
- Day 2: Izibizi? Where did those “h”s go? A secret rule about the “hiding” h’s06:13
- Day 3: Gotcha! Why put the extra tch and dj sounds where they don’t belong?03:35
- Day 4: Livenlearn. What happened to the “and”s and “or”s?05:09
- Day 5: I’ll seeya! What’s the point in shortening the forms?05:28
- Day 1: The 4 linking rules.02:33
- Day 2: When all the h's are gone02:15
- Day 3: Gotcha and many others02:05
- Day 4: The hiding conjunctions02:33
- Day 5: Let's contract!02:31
- Decode the message: A special bonus quiz00:55
- A special bonus dictation: listen and write down what you hear!02:05
- Final words - it's only the beginning!03:02
As an accent coach and an amateur musician, I love the melody of the English language. What I discovered in my years of teaching pronunciation is that what matters isn't a collection of random sounds or words and how clearly you can pronounce them. What matters is what connects these words to make a language appealing, frustrating to understand and (once mastered) liberating to speak.
In my accent teaching approach I look at what is happening between the words and how learning to connect them and stress them helps you sound more fluent, understand more easily and communicate with people without focusing on the words.
The goal isn't a perfect accent. The goal is mastering the flow of the language and expressing it while speaking.
Currently I help online language teachers turn their lessons into solid online businesses so they can work smarter, make more money and impact more people with their message of change.