Lingual Orthodontics. Construction of Appliance & Treatment
What you'll learn
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Lingual Therapy
- Bracket positioning. Laboratory Procedures. Indirect Bonding procedure. Methods of Ligation
- Archwire sequence. Instruments used in lingual orthodontics. Anchorage Control
- Use of Quad Helix in Lingual Orthodontics. Partial Canine Retraction. Use of Coil Springs. Use of Elastics. Interproximal Enamel Reduction in Lingual Orthodontics
- Correction of deep bite and open bite. Distalization Treatment. Space closing loops. Finishing the case
- Lingual Orthodontics in Pediatric Patients
- Interested in becoming an orthodontic specialist
This course will take you from zero to hero of the following orthodontic topic: Lingual Orthodontics
Here are the main headlines that this course covers:
1. Historical Perspective
1.1 Difficulties during the development
2. Advantages and Disadvantages of Lingual Therapy
2.1 Intrusion of anterior teeth.
2.2 Maxillary arch expansion.
2.3 Combining mandibular repositioning therapy with orthodontic movements.
2.4 Distalization of maxillary molars
3. Bracket positioning
3.1 Laboratory Procedures
3.2 Indirect Bonding procedure
4. Methods of Ligation
5. Archwire sequence
6. Instruments used in lingual orthodontics
7. Anchorage Control
7.1 Anchorage control in the Upper Arch
7.2 Anchorage in the Lower Arch
8. Use of Quad Helix in Lingual Orthodontics
9. Partial Canine Retraction
10. Use of Coil Springs
11. Use of Elastics
12. Interproximal Enamel Reduction in Lingual Orthodontics
13. Correction of deep bite
14. Correction of open bite
15. Distalization Treatment
16. Space closing loops
17. Finishing the case
18. Lingual Orthodontics in Pediatric Patients
Who this course is for:
- General dentists and post-graduate students
- Dental students
Dr. Ivelina Koycheva is a renowned international lecturer and trains dentists from all over the world in orthodontics. She is the author of over 40 online orthodontic courses, which are attended by dentists from Germany, England, Italy, France, USA, Ireland, Mexico, Bahrain, South Africa, Kenya, Taiwan, the Netherlands, Thailand, Turkey, Portugal, Egypt and many other countries.
She is the author of the books “Orthodontic Treatment Protocols” and “Everything about orthodontic treatment”. She is the best-selling and highest-rated orthodontic trainer in Udemy.
Dr. Ivelina Koycheva is the inventor of an innovative method of applying stabilization arches during orthodontic treatment that significantly optimizes treatment time.
She graduated Dental Medicine at Medical University – Sofia and specialized in orthodontics in Poland. She learned orthodontic specifics from world-known lecturers like Prof. Adrian Becker, Prof. Stella Chaushu, Dr. Richard P. McLaughlin (creator of the MBT braces system), Dr. Giorgio Fiorelli.
She applies the acquired knowledge in her daily orthodontic practice. She has treated hundreds of cases in her orthodontic clinic.