Linear Programming for Optimization
What you'll learn
- Formulating linear programs and solving them
- There is dual to every primal and their relations can bring quick decision insight
- Sensitivity analysis
- Making intelligent decisions
- One of the most widely used optimization technique
- Familiarity with linear algebra and coordinate geometry will be helpful
This course aims at making you comfortable with the most important optimization technique - Linear Programming. It starts with the concept of linear, takes you through linear program formulation, brings you at ease with graphical method for optimization and sensitivity, dives into simplex method to get to the nuances of optimization, prepares you to take advantage of duality and also discusses various special situations that can help you in becoming smart user of this technique.
Who this course is for:
- Students and professionals working with optimization techniques for deep leaning, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
I am a graduate from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur and a Ph. D. from Jharkhand Rai University, Ranchi, India. I enjoy teaching Operations Research and Applied Mathematics to students at different levels. My main engagement is with Insurance professionals who need to apply data science and related concepts extensively in their area of work.
These subjects can be learnt best when done in intuitive way. I prefer to focus on logic and try to get to the nuances of mathematical concepts.