Meaning, Life Purpose & Legacy-Finding & Fulfilling Your Why
What you'll learn
- How to find meaning in life, finding and fulfilling your purpose and calling, how to live and leave a lasting legacy
- Practical ways to transform your future and develop a practical plan for your life mission, life purpose, personal success, as you reflect on meaning of life
- Simple approaches to achieve life satisfaction, happiness and significance in your second half, life coaching that helps you find and discover life purpose
- Access to practical toolkit, exercises and resources that hone in on your sweet spot and radically impact your future now
- Your passion preparation and repositioning for the when, what and how of retirement, your encore assignment, or Career 2.0 / 3.0
- Develop and climb your life ladder, achieve your life purpose, jumpstart your mission in life and achieve your destiny and dreams
- Identify your passions, experiences, knowledge and skills to help live a successful and significant life
- Finding and tapping in to your "flow"- that place of passion where you are centered on your "one-thing" and no clock-watching!
- Learn how to leave a legacy that outlives yourself, to invest in others, serve well, love well, lead well and pass on ideas, values, behaviors and things
You will actively participate in five rich, productive, results-oriented sessions focused on finding meaning in life, your life purpose, and your legacy so you can do what you were meant to do. Practical and productive resources, exercises, assessments and tool-kits will be provided as well. We will construct your personal transformation plan that will be actionable and success-oriented by the end of the class. You will build your life ladder, your dream plan, your mission and vision, and short term and long-term goals scorecards. You will complete: meaning and purpose checklists, personality profiles and inventories, job/career/calling assessments, and formulate a life purpose and a meaning construct for your future and next season in life with your job, family, faith and finances. You will identify your passions, skills and experience through the Ikigai, Sigmoid curve, and numerous exercises and self-assessments to live a life of significance and success, and to live and leave a lasting legacy. Your Personal Transformation Plan will include: your 90-day and 1 year priorities, 5 & 10 year dream plan, Your Action Priority Plan, Your Short and Long term goal scorecards, and Your Legacy Life Ladder. The course finishes up with hope and inspiration for your future with a focus on meaning and spirituality, and a bonus 8 secrets to live a longer life of up to 10 years! I can't wait to see you in the classroom!
Who this course is for:
- Individuals who want to figure out their "why" in life and then "how" to live a life of significance and do what you were meant to do
- Those wanting to have life purpose, live full, happy, satisfied, productive lives using their passions, gifts, and talents to make their lives count
- People seeking direction and guidance to have the freedom to live the life you imagined in the next season of life
- Those who need structure and tools to create something that lives beyond oneself and helps plan their second half or retirement
- Individuals suffering from a meaning crisis, soul-sickness, or emptiness needing to regain control of your life, find your core and design your future
- Those who feel stuck, trapped, stagnant, adrift, bored, stressed, worried or lost, struggling with a mid-life slump and need a burst of inspiration, encouragement and a path to build a plan for the future
- Individuals who desire God's partnership to bring hope, peace and wisdom on your voyage of life
- Those who want to receive life coaching to help discover your life purpose and bring a fulfilling life
Doug is a teacher, speaker, entrepreneur, corporate director, board member, volunteer, community and church leader and life-lover. He recently completed his PhD coursework in Leadership Studies at Dallas Baptist University on the topics of meaning, purpose and legacy. He earned an MBA degree from the University of Dallas. Doug has authored three books, the latest entitled A Lasting Legacy, with a nationwide radio and columnist presence. He is an adjunct teacher with broad expertise in educational and organizational leadership, co-founding a private K-12 school, teaching nationwide seminars, and facilitating and training many group sessions. He also launched two businesses while concurrently working for a Fortune 500 company for more than 30 years. He has survived and thrived despite many debilitating health issues. His calling and purpose in life is to help others live full, purposeful, meaningful lives and have a multi-generational impact. His passion for teaching, facilitating, communication, collaboration and genuine care for his students is evident in his courses. He and his wife of 28 years have three children, and when not researching, teaching or writing he is an avid reader and sports fan.