Life Hack With Color Psychology: Increase Your Influence
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 1.5 hours on-demand audio
- 7 articles
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Increase your impact significantly in less than 2 hours
- Create mood and convey your message better in all your visual communications and presentations.
- Make more informed decisions about choosing colors to sell your idea, message, or brand.
- Influence your audience/viewers to take certain actions like support a cause, attend an event, make a donation, or buy your product or service.
- Use color to deal more effectively with difficult people, (adults AND children.)
- Gain a psychological edge in a job interview to tilt odds more in your favor.
- Use color to your advantage at work, in your art, and at home.
- Recognize how marketers, advertisers, and politicians subtly use color to influence the public's emotions and perceptions.
- This is a comprehensive course and no special equipment or knowledge is needed.
What if you could be more influential, more productive, communicate better, and have more of a say in how people perceive and treat you just by knowing a few easy-to-remember secrets about color, all in just under 75 minutes?
Knowing how colors influence ourselves and others is like knowing a secret handshake that will help tilt life more in your favor day after day. This course will show you how with practical tips you can begin using immediately, even before you finish all the lessons.
Do you know what color to wear on your first date to make their heart go pitter-pat? What about during that sales pitch at work to generate support and funding for your new project or to stand out in a room full of extroverts? What soothing color will get the office troll off your back at work AND your baby to calm down at home so you can get some sleep?
Emotions are what drive people to think and act in certain ways and using colors strategically will help influence the emotions and actions of others. Did you know that 85% of shoppers place color as a primary reason for why they buy a particular product and that color increases brand recognition by 80%? Learn which colors will best help sell your ideas, your message, and your products and services.
Use the color techniques in this course when making presentations and in your visual communications to ensure that you are communicating exactly what you want to.Have more power to influence your audience to feel and react the way you intend and get them to take specific actions like support a cause or candidate, attend an event, make a donation, or buy a product or service.
This course now includes a bonus MP3 audio file of all eleven color lectures you can download and listen to while on the go.
What Students Are Saying:
"I am amazed at just how much I learned from this course. The instructor really breaks down how colors influence our daily lives and how we can purposefully incorporate them into our personal and professional lives for positive results. She also shows real examples to help demonstrate her point. I look at so many things differently now. Thank you so much for the wonderful course!" -Christine Maisel
I'm a practicing award-winning multimedia artist and a former tenured Associate Professor of Digital Media and Program Director of Film & Digital Media at The American University of Rome (2006-2016). I'm currently a Visiting Associate Professor of Digital Media at the brand new American University of Myanmar in Yangon, Myanmar (Burma).
Since 2000 I've been teaching students all over the world using my tried and true custom approach (turning complex information into something simple, memorable, easy-to-understand in as short amount of time as possible) to ensure that you get the most important, relevant, and useful information that can be applied immediately.
New bonus lectures and resources will continue to be added and timely color advice will be provided in the discussion forum. I love to help and always respond to inquiries and discussions ASAP.
Please Note: All students who enroll in this course also will receive periodic free and discounted access to my other top-rated current and upcoming courses.
You have a 30-day, 100% money-back guarantee with no questions asked so you have nothing to lose. I make myself available so you will have access to me if you have questions or need specific feedback along the way.
Empower yourself now by enrolling in this color course and join our growing learning community! Click the "Take This Course" button in the upper right corner and let's get started maximizing your impact at home and at work today.
- This course is essential for artists, designers, and visual communicators of all kinds who want to make more of an impact with their work.
- This course is also very useful for business owners, educators, academics, marketers, parents, and people interested in health and well-being who want to have more of an impact at work and at home.
- This course will also help introverts who are quietly excellent and have something to say but don't always want to have to compete with the loud-mouths in the room in order to make an impact.
This is a course overview and rundown on what you will learn, who the course will help most, and a bit more on how learning about color will help you make more of an impact in your visual communications, work, and life every single day.
To help you maximize your time and learning, I have a few suggestions for moving forward in this course.
Kermit the Frog was wrong. It IS easy being green. Learn how to manage chaos and drama with this color.
I've gotten a lot of questions over the past year since first creating this course about very specific colors like teal, turquoise, gold, etc. Here's a useful infographic that will help you better understand the psychological impact as we move from the major colors discussed in our course into many more specific variations and shades.
Now that you know so much about color, why not try making a few things that you need in real life? It's easier than you think. Here are my 5 favorite FREE and easy tools to help you get started making social media graphics, illustrations, animations, web sites and more in just 10 minutes. You've got this! [This lecture comes from my full course, Skyrocket Your Creativity: 7 Easy Ways]
Online Learning Podcast: Episode 121 With Kristen Palana
This interview with top Udemy instructor, John Colley is full of some of my very best secret color tricks for making an impact, getting your content noticed, and boosting engagement online.
The podcast is aimed at other Udemy instructors, but my color tips can be easily used by anyone with a website or someone who uses text and images online, in presentations at work, etc.
From the program notes, we discuss pretty much in this order:
- Introductions and a brief rundown of some of the courses I teach on Udemy and their descriptions.
- How imaging and color psychology can impact your business
- What color psychology can mean across borders
- How gender can affect color choices
- How to use color to affect the way people think about you
- How to use color to make your courses more effective
- How to use color in your lectures/websites/presentations to have a positive impact
- Where you should use color in your Udemy lectures or presentations
- Why you should avoid rainbow colors in your text
- Why you should NEVER (almost never) use pink in an online course or work presentation.
- Why red and orange can invigorate your audience in the right doses.
- The importance of hierarchy in your online text
- Why you need to avoid lack of contrast on your webpage
- Why its easier to read black text on a white background
- How to make course images stand out
- How to make your images stand out to get promoted by Udemy