LIFE CRAFTING: A Way of Thinking, Working, and Living
What you'll learn
- 1. You will learn the 5 SIMPLE categories that organize everything you have already learned and will learn for the rest of your life.
- 2. You will understand practicing Life-as-a-Craft is a POWERFUL alternative to living life by trial and error.
- 3. You will learn to achieve SUCCESS BY DESIGN instead of wishing for success by accident.
- 4. You will know EXACTLY how to make a MASTERPIECE of your life, as the end goal of your personal development and personal transformation journey.
- 5. You will learn how to systematically practice LIFE CRAFTING the same way we learn and practice any trade, occupation, or profession.
- 6. You will become the LIFE COACH and MASTER CRAFTSPERSON of your unique LIFE MASTERPIECE.
- Be ready to learn the time-tested framework for organizing your life curriculum vs. living randomly and disorganized.
- Be ready to see everything you have learned in life so far fit together as part of the masterpiece you are already making.
What Is Life Crafting?
Life Crafting is a Way of Thinking, Working and Living by skillfully shaping 5 key areas of your life incrementally over your lifetime, in line with a vision of what your life can be by knowing what you are going to do, then learning, and practicing your skills using a clear recipe vs. living by random trial and error. This is Making a Masterpiece of Your Life. This is Life-as-a-Craft.
‘Life-as-a-Craft’ is a framework based on the practices found in master workshops across the world, applied to practicing ‘life’ as a defined 'craft' the way that someone learns and practices textile weaving, woodworking, or any other trade, occupation, and profession; (i.e.) the crafts.
Commit to learning the materials and activities of the craft.
Observe skilled practitioners (journeymen and masters) at work.
Practice all processes and use all tools with skill.
Incrementally improve your performance every day.
⫸ You will learn how to systematically practice 'life crafting' the time-tested way we learn and practice any trade, occupation, or profession.
Managing Your Life Curriculum: The Five Elements
What you decide to learn and practice throughout your lifetime is your 'life curriculum'. Much of it was learned from your family heritage. Much will be added as a result of your personal heritage experience and choices.
Life-as-a-Craft contains five categories or ‘elements’ for organizing the content you have already learned or will learn across your lifetime including everything you have and will learn here on Udemy.
Family & Personal Heritage – What we learn from the heritage and cultures we come from, how they shape us, and the legacy we leave to the next generation.
Family & Household Management – The knowledge we apply to manage the people, guidelines, and environment we live in. Running a successful household is like running a successful workshop.
Family & Personal Finance – The methods we learn to produce income and manage money to operate our household. How we integrate our personal financial style with our partner's style can make or break a household.
The Human Being – What we have learned and believe about the structure and functioning of our inner-self and outer-self: our mind, our body, our spirit, and our emotions.
Tools for Living – The devices we use to shape ourselves and others. The technologies, systems, and frameworks we use to craft our lives.
⫸ You will learn to organize the life content you have already learned, and new content that will you learn into these five master categories, the same way schools and workshops organize subjects into master categories for easier learning.
Managing Your Life Journey: The Four Phases
Every trade and occupation has an initial period in which the curriculum of the craft is learned, followed by the time span in which the trade is practiced, skills are incrementally improved, and new knowledge is progressively acquired.
Following this time-tested structure, Life-as-a-Craft spans a period of approximately eighty (80) years in Four Phases as taught and practiced for centuries in trades and occupations across the world.
Apprenticeship: Age 14–25 | The Learning Phase
Journeywork: Age 25–45 | The Building Phase
Masterwork: Age 45–65 | The Masterpiece Phase
Mentorship: Age 65–85+ | The Legacy Phase
⫸ You will learn the main goal/focus of each life phase, to incrementally improve your practice of the craft of ‘life’ across each phase, and fashion a masterpiece of your life as a legacy to the next generation of your family, and the world.
How You Do Your Work: Performance Excellence
Life-as-a-Craft recognizes the ancient principle of 'craftsmanship' or 'performance excellence' as a guide to measure one’s proficiency, knowledge, and acquired skill in any subject you endeavor to learn in your lifetime. The result of practicing craftsmanship in everything you do will significantly improve the quality of your personal and professional life, and the lives of your family and loved ones.
⫸ You will learn The Way of Craftsmanship: A way of thinking, doing, and living.
Who this course is for:
- Age 14-25: Individuals who want a clear reason why they should learn particular skills and how to choose the right subjects to study and focus on and not waste their time with useless information made for another generation.
- Age 25-45: People in the building phase of life who want to manage 'content overload' and 'burn-out' that comes from building a career and family all at the same time.
- Age 45-65: Men & Women ready to create 'masterworks' because of the depth of knowledge they have achieved thus far in life. This includes reviewing and revising one's master plan and beginning one's master's journal.
- Age 65+: Mentors in the legacy phase of life ready to begin work on the masterpiece collection of stories, knowledge, family heirlooms and more, as a heritage foundation for the next generation to build on.
Life Crafting presents the original work of Charles Collins spanning more than 30 years in books, podcasts, and feature articles.
The work is intended for people of all ages interested in improving their skills for managing their personal, family, and professional lives using time-tested methods.
Life-as-a-Craft™️ is the organizing framework for your 'life curriculum' and 'craftsmanship' is the guiding principle for shaping our lives with excellence, based on the time-tested practices used for thousands of years in the master workshops of the world.
Life Crafting is the act of mindfully managing the way we practice our personal and professional lives to achieve success by design, vs success by accident. It is the alternative to settling for the 'hit-or-miss' results of living by chance, trial, and error.
Five Key Elements make up your life curriculum. How well you develop your knowledge and practice your skills in these Five Elements across the Four Phases of your life is the key to Making a Masterpiece of Your Life.
Copyright 2024 ©️ Griffon House Media | All Rights Reserved
Charles' work spanning 30+ years, demonstrates how anyone can learn to practice 'Life-as-a-Craft' to achieve extraordinary results.
Five Key Elements make up your life curriculum. How well you develop your knowledge and practice your skills in these Five Elements across the Four Phases of your life, is the key to Making a Masterpiece of Your Life.
LIFE CRAFTING: The Master Class, teaches the framework for managing your life curriculum, based on the time-tested structure used for centuries to learn and practice our trades, occupations, and professions, vs. the 'hit-or-miss' results of living by chance, trial, and error.
LIFE CRAFTING, as a structured approach to personal and professional development, is found in the standard curriculum of some of the world's most well know colleges including Harvard University, USA, and Rotterdam University, the Netherlands.