LGBTQIA++ : To create awareness on diversity and inclusion
What you'll learn
- LGBTQ awareness- Learn more about the LGBTQ community
- Understand the difference between stereotypes, prejudice, and discrimination.
- Different discrimination and the root of LGBTQ discrimination.
- Strategies to combat the bullying of the LGBTQ community.
- Diversity and Inclusion.
- By knowing more about diversity we can become open to our diverse society.
- You should be curious about diversity and the LGBTQ community.
- A belief that diversity and inclusion are good for business and the world.
- A desire to change the status quo and make the world a more equitable place.
- You do not need to be an expert in anything, just have an open mindset.
If you are just beginning to explore the diversity, equity and inclusion space and are interested in sharpening your understanding, then I’ve designed a course just for you. The objective of this course is to share some facts about the LGBTQIA community, discrimination, prejudice and stereotypes. All important things to understand, as it influences our unconscious attitude and behaviour to other people. By creating an understanding of sexual and gender diversity, we can challenge the narratives, myths, stereotypes and misconceptions we have about LGBTQ identifying persons.
In this course we will look at:
Some interesting background statistics
Building a new vocabulary around LGBTQ terminology and groupings
Look at different types of discrimination that the LGBTQ community experience
Differentiate between stereotypes, prejudice and discrimination
Look at the root of discrimination of LGBTQ persons
Offer different strategies to combat bullying of LGBTQ persons.
Through the above information improve your understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Why Learn From Me?
As an experienced course creator and presenter, I have experience translating information in the field of education, social work and psychology into engaging, understandable and fairly simple presentations. Professionals who attend my trainings routinely provide positive feedback. I hope you can join this group of satisfied students and learn something new about diversity and inclusion.
So take this course now and learn more about the LGBTQ community!
Who this course is for:
- Employees looking to document training in diversity and inclusion.
- Educators who want to promote equal treatment in the classroom.
- Anyone concerned about bias and hoping to make social change.
- Aspiring diversity, equity, and inclusion practitioners.
- Social workers, teachers and counsellors who want to further their personal development.
I'm an optimistic, enthusiastic and energetic person. I respond to challenges by pursuing positive and creative possibilities – I’m constantly planning for the future and enjoy meeting new people in smaller groups and embrace new opportunities to network and get to know people. My enthusiasm, abundance of ideas and adventure-seeking spirit motivate and inspire others around me.
I have a keen interest in social work, psychology and education. And firmly believe that we do better, when we know better. Therefore I believe in the power of empowering people.