Leverage the Power of Generations
- 25 mins on-demand video
- 33 articles
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- To establish that there is conflict among the generations and this is nothing new.
- Learn that our assumptions about the generations are not always correct.
- Choose to see our differences among the generations as opportunities not challenges.
- Learn to be curious, be respectful and find common ground through a common experience.
- Use tools to guide you to change your perception of the generations.
- Determine who can help you lead the change process.
- Understand that everyone has something to learn and something to teach, no matter their generation.
- Create a dynamic culture of cooperation among the generations.
- Come with an open mind to learn
There are now 4 generations in the workplace and our assumptions of the generations is getting in the way of our work. Are you getting along with your team members?
Leverage the Power of Generations aims to generate discussions and open-mindedness that leads to innovative solutions between all age groups. This “generation” course truly applies to every audience and organization to understand that everyone has something to learn and everyone has something to teach.
Through bite-sized lessons including videos (20 minutes), written material and exercises from your own toolkit, the course focuses on creating common bonds among generations and looking at our differences as assets that can create real change. It is how we choose to work together that determines our success for the future.
- Individuals, managers and HR professionals
Learn that today’s workforce is the most generationally diverse ever. This offers the greatest opportunities that have ever been present before this specific time in history, a kind of power that, if harnessed, can create an unstoppable vitality in the workplace never before seen!
Discover that those who do not learn to “act” on the knowledge that today’s workforce has changed dramatically, do so at their own peril.
Become aware that our assumptions about the generations lead to conflict and disrespect.
The generation gap has been with us for centuries. That will not change, but your awareness of the gaps history can help in looking forward.
Boomers, are hard to understand. The Millennials, just don’t get it. This is the generation gap, but it doesn’t have to be that way. Be aware how it can change.
Learn that our perception of each generation when they enter the workplace changes over time and if we shift our perceptions to “what do we have in common” instead of “they are so different, we become more efficient in the workplace.
Learn about the four-way street with generations in the workplace today. Have you ever noticed how easy it is to make assumptions about others? What if we focused on what we have in common?
With the advent of global connectedness, technological advances, demographic shifts and changing consumer expectations, it has never been more clear that we all have something to learn and we all have something to teach, no matter our age and experience. Learn about leveraging the power of generations with learning and teaching, (in that order) in this lecture.