Introduction to Music Symbols (Grade 1, Level 1)
- This course does not require students to have prior knowledge about music or music theory; however, an open and a teachable mind is paramount in order to maximize learning.
- It would certainly help if the student has ready access to a keyboard instrument, digital piano, or guitar in order to test some of the exercises in this course.
Introduction to Music Symbols (Grade 1, Level 1) is the first course in a series of 8 courses with the objective of teaching music as a foreign language. The entire 8 courses are divided into different grade levels based on the four categories of learners, namely, (1) Beginner, (2) Intermediate, (3) Advanced, and (4) Professional.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for students who have no prior knowledge about music theory. By taking this course, their level as complete beginners shall be elevated to intermediate or even advanced.
- This course might not be suitable to music students who are already knowledgeable about music theory unless they want to refresh their memory on these lessons.
- 00:59General Course Overview
- 05:00General Introduction (Three Important Questions)
I started as a choir trainer while I was still in college about 40 years ago. Over the years, I organized, trained, conducted and directed more than 50 choral groups. My career was further enhanced when I started teaching at the University of the Philippines in 1982. As a professor I taught subjects like Spanish, Philosophy and English, but my main passion has always been teaching music.
In 1991, my family migrated to Australia where I continued to train and conduct various vocal groups.
At present, I run my own music studio in Melbourne, Australia where I teach private lessons on piano, guitar, bass, drums, singing and music theory. I also offer special lessons on songwriting, music production, vocal arrangement, choir training and conducting, and music career coaching.
In 2001, I took an intensive training as a business coach which gave me the opportunity to become the Philippines master franchisee of a coaching business based in Australia called Action International. In 2005, I decided to use my own brand, RIGHT Coaching Systems to continue with my coaching business which has now expanded into life coaching.
R.I.G.H.T. stands for Respect, Integrity, Gratitude, Honesty, and Trust.
Too often I hear business owners say "it's a 'dog-eat-dog' environment out there in the business world," or"you can't trust anyone these days." With my RIGHT Coaching Programs, I can help restore these basic R.I.G.H.T. principles and values so that you can really live and enjoy an abundant, well-balanced, and fulfilling lifestyle while conducting your business the RIGHT way every time, all the time.
The RIGHTLife Coaching Programs are aimed to empower you with the right foundations, principles and values in order to extract your hidden potential of greatness that you have been endowed with since you were born. These Programs will guide you to your own path of learning how to live a balanced and fulfilling lifestyle. Most of all, these programs are designed so you will be able to maximize your God-given gifts and pursue your definite major purpose in life.