Let’s Master Paediatric Surgery [2023 Guidelines]
What you'll learn
- Physiological vs Pathological Jaundice in Neonates
- Conjugated vs Unconjugated Hyperbilirubinemia
- Gastroesophageal Reflux vs Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- GORD - Clinical features, Investigations, Management (Medical vs Surgical)
- Hypertrophic Pyloric Stenosis - Presentation, Investigations, Treatment
- Incarcerated vs Strangulated Hernias - Clinical Presentation, Management
- Inguinal Hernias - Incidence, Embryology, Clinical presentation, History, Complications and Treatment
- Hirshprung’s Disease - Presentation, Diagnosis, Embryology, Definition, Pathophysiology, Histology, Treatment
- Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernias - Bolchadek (posterolateral hernias) and Morgagni (retrosternal hernias)
- Oesophageal Atresias - Presentation, Diagnosis, Treatment
- Omphalocoele- Ruptured vs Intact Membrane
- Gastroschisis- Presentation, Treatment, Prognosis
- Omphalocoele vs Gastroschisis - High Yield Summary
- Swallowed Maternal Blood - APT test, Maternal vs Foetal Blood
- Necrotizing Enterocolitis - Presentation, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment
- Polyps vs Anal Fissure
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding - Resuscitation, Causes, History, Examination
- Upper vs Lower Gastrointestinal Bleeding - Presentation
- Anorectal Malformations - High vs Low
- Duodenal Vs Jejunal Vs Ileal Atresias vs Meconium Ileus
- Neonatal Bowel Obstruction - High vs Low Bowel Obstruction
- Transport of a Neonate - transport (nasogastric tube, aluminium foil/space blanket, oxygen, stabilise)
- Haemorrhagic Disease of the Newborn [Vitamin K Deficiency]
- Stress Gastritis - Presentation, Complications, Investigations, Treatment
- No prior knowledge of this topic is required. I provide detailed explanations for every possible question which may appear in your clinical and theoretical exams.
- All you require is a device to listen to the lectures and a headset if you wish to use one
- Please work through the quiz. Very important to assess what you’ve understood. I will provide a detailed video memo where we go through the answers
Interested in the field of Paediatric Surgery? Then this course is for you!
This course has been designed by a Medical Doctor so that we can share our knowledge and help you master the new 2023 Paediatric Surgery guidelines and along with understanding the physiological and pathological processes of Paediatric Surgery.
Thousands of students world-wide trust this course.
We will walk you step-by-step into the World of Paediatric Surgery. With every tutorial, you will develop new skills and improve your understanding of this challenging yet lucrative sub-field of General Surgery.
This course is fun and exciting, and at the same time, we dive deep in Paediatric and General Surgery. Our Paediatric Surgery Course is a critical topic within Emergency Medicine and General Surgery. Understanding all concepts presented in this course will benefit you in your clinical and theoretical examinations.
Our course is structured in the following way:
Part 1 - Physiological vs Pathological Jaundice in Neonates
Part 2 - Conjugated vs Unconjugated Hyperbilirubinemia
Part 3 - Gastroesophageal Reflux vs Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
Part 4 - Incarcerated vs Strangulated Hernias
Part 5 - Hydroceles
Part 7 - Inguinal Hernias
Part 8 - Hirshprung’s Disease
Part 9 - Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernias
Part 10 - Oesophageal Atresia
Part 11 - Omphalocoele
Part 12 - Swallowed Maternal Blood
Part 13 - Necrotising Enterocolitis
Part 14 - Polyps vs Anal Fissures
Part 15 - GI Bleeding
Part 16 - Anorectal Malformations
Part 17 - Duodenal vs Ileal vs Juojenal Atresias vs Meconium Ileus
Part 18 - Neonatal Bowel Obstruction
Part 19 - Transport of a Neonate
Part 20 - Haemorrhagic Disease of the Newborn
Part 21 - Stress Gastritis
Within each lecture, we go through a systematic approach to interpret all medical conditions which can present in Paediatric Surgery.
Each section inside each part is independent of one another. So you can either take the whole course from start to finish or you can jump right into any specific section and learn what you need for your career right now.
Moreover, the course is packed with practical exercises that are based on real-life case studies. So not only will you learn the theory, but you will also get lots of experience solving complex medical case studies.
And as a bonus, all lectures are downloadable and you can use them for your personal use whenever you choose to.
Please do not focus on memorising the lectures. Rather focus on understanding key concepts. Please adapt lectures according to your study style, I.e. if you wish to make summaries from the provided lectures, then please do so.
This course is ideal for all age groups and any person who is interested in expanding their knowledge within Paediactric Surgical Conditions. This course is not solely limited to medical students and health care workers.
If you are still unsure about certain topics, please revise using the lectures. You have life-time access to all lectures. Good luck and I hope you enjoy this course on Paediatric Surgical Conditions.
Who this course is for:
- Students (not limited to medical students) and the general public (not limited to health care workers) of any level of knowledge who are interested in expanding their knowledge and improving their understanding of the given topic.
- Anyone interested in Paediatric Surgery
- Students who at least have basic knowledge about Paediatric Surgery and who want to start learning about Paediatric Surgery
- Any people who are not that comfortable within Paediatric Surgery but who are interested and want to apply this to their skill database
- Any Students in University who want to further their understanding of Paediatric Surgery or who need to prepare for an examination
- Any Paediatric Surgery specialists who want to level up in the new Paediatric Surgery Guidelines
- Any people who are not satisfied with their job and who want to become a Paediatric Surgery Specialist
- Any intermediate level people who know the basics of Paediatric Surgery but who want to learn more about it and explore all the different aspects of Paediatric Surgery
My name is Dr Vithal Panday and I am super-psyched that you are reading this!
I have years of professional experience in the Medical Sector with extensive experience in Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Anaesthesiology, Orthopedics, Trauma, Psychiatry, Radiology and Family Medicine. I was trained by the best Medical Registrars and Consultants at Steve Biko Academic Hospital, in South Africa, and since starting on Udemy I have passed on my knowledge to thousands of aspiring medical doctors.
Throughout my courses, you will notice how I combine my practical experiences and academic background in Medicine to deliver professional, methodical and concise lectures in the space of the Medical Field. One of the strongest sides of my teaching style is that I focus on intuitive explanations combined with aesthetically-pleasing visual animations, so you can be sure that you will truly understand even the most complex topics.
In conclusion, I am extremely passionate about Medicine and I am looking forward to sharing my passion and knowledge with you!