Let's Create a Course in Articulate Storyline 3 / 360
What you'll learn
- Create new courseware in Storyline 3 / 360
- Update and enhance existing courses within Storyline 3 / 360
- Have an appreciation of making design choices to improve learning outcomes
- Articulate Storyline 3 or Articulate Storyline 360 (a 30 day trial version is available from Articulate)
- Basic understanding of Instructional Design
- Desire to learn or enhance one's understanding of Storyline
This course takes the approach of learning Articulate Storyline 3 by developing a course from start to finish. This way you will learn things as they naturally occur. The intent is to help you to become an independent developer in Storyline so you can be successful when you create your own course. As you go through the course, you will learn the following skills:
- Navigation in Storyline
- How slides and scenes work
- Design choices in presenting information
- Building interactivity with states, layers, triggers, animations, and the timeline
This course is meant to help by focusing on doing rather than being a passive observer or doing 'test exercises.' To assist your learning, you will find yourself doing through mini-challenges that are realistic and what you will encounter when developing. After the mini-challenge is presented a possible solution is shown so you can get additional ideas in how to solve presenting problems.
Who this course is for:
- Practitioner's of Instructional Design
Welcome! I'm passionate about helping others to learn and I've been doing this now for over twenty years. I started teaching others how to do things before I even graduated high school.
I've been working with Storyline since the first version came out and I want to show you how to make the software work for you. If you haven't used Storyline before by the end of this course you'll have found the journey to be very empowering.
I've taken the concept of Instructional Design as being a 'content free developer' to fruition - I've worked in major industries such as secondary schooling, auto manufacturing, banking, railroading, healthcare, and engineering. These multitude experiences have shown me that no matter what industry you're in you'll find people who need to learn. Each environment has its challenges and I'll take what I've learned to help you.
In addition to my working experience, I have a B.M.E from the University of Northern Colorado and a M.A. in Workforce Development from Ohio State University.