Lesson Planning for Teachers: Steps to Success
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 4 articles
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Set SMART lesson objectives and outcomes
- Incorporate assessment strategies into lesson plans
- Understand the different ways to differentiate learning through the planning process
- Understand the way different room layouts can impact on teaching and learning
- Be aware of educational research regarding lesson planning
- Use the quiz as a checklist in your lesson planning process
- Course participants should have some interest in developing their own teaching practice before starting
- Some experience of work within a school setting would be beneficial but not essential
Not sure where to start when trying to plan the perfect lesson? Unsure on how to formulate a plan?
This course is designed to support teachers at both primary and secondary level in how to go about planning lessons with the progress of students in mind.
The course includes:
- Definitive guidance on what various research bodies, including OFSTED, have said about what constitutes great teaching and learning and how that relates to lesson planning
- Detailed instruction and advice on how to plan for assessment and differentiation effectively
- Concise support on how to set and deliver effective lesson objectives and outcomes
- Various document downloads including templates to support the planning process
If you are a new teacher trying to work out the best way to plan a lesson or series of lessons or a more experienced teacher looking to "get back to basics", then this course is for you.
This course is the second in a series of courses designed for teachers that includes, Creating a Classroom Buzz, a highly acclaimed CPD course currently in the top 20 on Udemy for teacher training.
I can't wait to welcome you as a new student!
- Classroom teachers at any level or distinction
- Teachers who want to take ownership of their own professional development
By the end of this lecture, you will understand what effective lesson objectives and outcomes look like. You will also be able to develop and write your own objectives and outcomes for any type of lesson across any subject area.
By the end of this lecture, you will understand the different types of assessment that you can embed into your own lesson plans as well as some tools for implementation.