LEO Response to Drone Complaints
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 13 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- This course will provide a basis for understanding the relationship and shared ressponbililities between the FAA and local LEA.
- This course assumes a basic law enforcement background.
UAS (or Drone) operations can be expected to play and increasing role in the future of law enforcement and public safety, as well as presenting a new facet to law enforcement response.These lessons focus on the preparation for response to drone complaints and incidents involving unmanned aircraft. What is the role of local law enforcement? What can you do, what can’t you do? What can you expect? What are the legal and jurisdictional issues? Where do we draw the line? What is the FAA's roll in local incidents involving "drones"?
This course incorporates FAA Advisory Circulars, rules and resources designed to assist local law enforcement with response and investigation of incidents, accidents and complaints relating to unmanned aircraft.
The course is designed to aid the field officer with background knowledge of applicable rules and regulations and the appropriate actions necessary to provide the FAA and NTSB with relevant information for those agencies to conduct further investigation where warranted and to pursue any indicated prosecution on the Federal level, including fines and license forfeiture where indicated.
Sources and references for this training course include:
- FAA Law Enforcement Guidance for Suspected Unauthorized UAS Operations
- The State and Local Regulation of Unmanned Aircraft Systems Fact Sheet
- Requirements for Registering and Marking Small Unmanned Aircraft
- Education, Compliance, and Enforcement of Unauthorized Unmanned Aircraft Systems Operators
- Sports TFR 4/3621
- The LEA Guidance Card
- The UAS Enforcement FAQ’s
- This course is designed for members of law enforcement tasked with responding to complaints related to unmanned aircraft (drone) activity and incidents.