The Traveller's Guide To Legionnaires' Disease
What you'll learn
- Define Legionnaires’ disease
- Identify systems that prevent risk of infection
- Describe how to control the risks
- Develop and manage a prevention program using a 15-point plan
- What to do when travelling
- How to manage the risk at home
- Who to contact if you suspect infection
- No Prior Knowledge is Needed
In this course we introduce you to Legionnaires' disease, the bacteria that causes it and how the infection happens.
If you are in the high-risk category : Eldery, smoker, pregnant mom or have a low immune system, you need to know the risk you are in when you use the shower, walk past a fountain or even in a public use swimming pool. There is even risk of infection from central air-conditioning at conference centres.
In this course, we will help you identify the risks, and how you can manage and prevent the possibility of infection. We have also included a 15-point prevention plan for building managers of hotels/apartment buildings.
There is no vaccination against the disease, so it is critically important that infection is prevented.
It is in your own interest to be aware of the risks of Legionnaires disease.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone concerned about their health
- Those that travel overseas
- Those that manage hotels, apartment blocks
- Those that are in the high-risk category : Elderly, Smokers, Pregnant Moms and those with a low immune system
Having been in the Hygiene & Food Safety consulting business for over 10 years, conducting well over 10 000 hours of audits within a variety of clients ranging from catering, retail, restaurants and hotels. I have seen most of what a kitchen does in terms of hygiene and food safety (the best and the worst).
I believe that sharing knowledge in awareness,understanding and implementation of hygiene and food safety is key to developing a food safety system that will be effective, efficient and sustainable.
I am the author of The Food Safety Pillars : An Introduction to Hygiene & Food Safety. You can find my book in ebook format or in paper back on Amazon.