Learn Vedic Astrology Part 1
What you'll learn
- Understand the Fundamental Principles of Vedic Astrology.
- Understand basic Astronomy principles for an Astrologer.
- Understand each planet's archetypal characteristics.
- Understand the different sign's (constellations) qualities.
- Understand the 4 Goals in Life and the 12 House's meanings.
- Learn about the Moon's Nodes: Rahu & Ketu
- Gather basic information of other astrological free online resources.
- You should be able to use a PC at a beginners level.
In this course you will establish a solid foundation in your Vedic Astrology studies preparing you for parts 2 and 3. Vedic Astrology (also known as Jyotish) is an extremely valuable tool that you can use personally or for the benefit of others. Jyotish, in Sanskrit means "light"; it shines a light on your karmic path so that you can get to know yourself better in an objective matter enabling you to make better life choices.
Before you can learn how to read a North Indian chart you need to know how the universe is arranged (astronomy), what the planets mean and how the signs influence the planets that live within them. In addition, you should understand the special house meanings and how the moon's nodes are formed. The nodes unique to Vedic Astrology are known as Rahu and Ketu - what fascinating mythology behind their creation. Finally, become familiar with a few free online resources that are sure to facilitate your Jyotish studies without "breaking your bank".
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn more about their behavioral tendencies.
- Aspiring Vedic Astrologers who want to have their own clientele.
- Psychologists or anyone interested in an "Objective Psycho-Analysis Tool"
- Counselors or Life Coaches
After more than 10 years of witnessing human suffering working as a San Francisco Police Officer, and myself becoming a "victim" of dis"ease", finding an alternative to that lifestyle was not even a question anymore. Courage was my health insurance, and determination my pension plan. I left that life and never looked back. Yet, the most rewarding outcome of my police career was receiving my Basic Instructor Certificate, which I used the last five years to teach leadership to incoming officers at the academy. That amazing experience enabled me to currently lead workshops in Ayurveda.
Yoga, Ayurveda (Indian Medical System), Jyotish (Vedic Astrology), Hasta (Scientific Hand Analysis), and Vastu (Indian Feng Shui) are all passions of mine.
I studied Ayurveda at the California College of Ayurveda and received certification at the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm; both in Grass Valley, CA.