What you'll learn
- How to play the ukuele
- How to sing and play ukulele at the same time
- Learn positive songs whilst playing ukulele
- Learn rhythm patterns for the ukulele
- Learn how to play the chords of C, G, 'easy F' and A minor
- How to connect with their instrument
- You must have access to a ukulele
Parents/carers and teachers of primary-aged children! This is a fantastically, fun and friendly course for children aged 5 and upwards to learn with a qualified music teacher (B.Ed Hons), Mrs Victoria Jane Leith (AKA Ms Vicky). Tried and tested on 120 willing primary students, Victoria has devised a method to teach ukulele, sing and learn rhythm patterns all in one. With 26 years of music teaching globally, you will be in safe hands! Victoria will guide your beginner ukulele player through 7 lessons of how to play the ukulele, how to strum, play chords, finger-pick AND sing songs at the same time!
Who this course is for:
- Beginners for the ukulele
- Children aged 5 upwards (we say 5-7 but anyone who wants to learn in a fun, gentle and funky way!)
Victoria Jane Leith is a qualified Language Arts teacher (B.Ed Hons) with 26 years teaching experience. She has worked in China, USA, Africa, Czech Republic and the UK teaching thousands of children in schools and communities positive songs, rhythm, ukulele and body percussion. She has led workshops at the world-renowned EARCOS (Bangkok 2019) and NAME (UK) conferences and now works part time with NMPAT (Northamptonshire Music and Performing Arts whilst also helping people through music and art to experience JOY!
Victoria is a composer, performer and song-writer and enjoys sharing her skills with children and communities the world over.
She sings, plays piano, ukulele, guitar, percussion and whistle.