Step Up Your Tennis Game
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 2 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- become familiar with the rules and basics of tennis
- hit forehands and backhands at a consistent pace
- serve and volley the proper way
- learn all other tennis shots including approach shots, drop shots, half volleys, lobs, and others
- learn how to tell a good shot from a bad shot
- improve footwork, agility, and balance through various drills
- learn how to keep score and play doubles
- have an interest in the sport of tennis
Learn the basics of tennis and learn an arsenal of tennis shots!
This course has the following goals :
- Introduce the rules and basics of tennis.
- Teach forehands and backhands so you can rally at a consistent pace
- Serve and volley the proper way
- Learn all tennis shots including approach shots, drop shots, half volleys, and lobs
- Learn how to tell a good shot from a bad shot.
- Improve footwork, agility, and balance through various drills.
- Learn how to keep score and play doubles.
The course will start off by explaining the tennis basics. This includes the parts and lines of a tennis court, the rules of tennis, the difference of tennis compared to other sports, what exactly is tennis etiquette, and what makes up a "correct" tennis shot. It will also help you in choosing the right tennis racquet and give you other recommendations for things such as tennis shoes, balls, strings, and grips. You will also be introduced taught the proper way to warmup and prepare for before you start hitting.
Tennis isn't tennis unless you are actually hitting, right? This course will teach you the main shots in tennis- the forehand, backhand, volley, overhead and serve. You will also learn other shots like the approach shot, lob, drop shot, half volley and other specific shots. I will also show you common mistakes that may occur in some shots and how to correct them. There are also parts where you can choose your own style- do you want to hit your forehands and backhands with a closed stance or open stance? Do you want to have a flat serve or a topspin serve? The course will give you room to develop your own style while maintaining a proper stroke.
This course has about 75 minutes of video content, but like any good course it requires you to do some practice and work on your own. With enthusiasm and a little bit of hard work, you can expect this course to help you more than a one-on-one tennis lesson with a pro as it delivers more content at a quicker pace.
- anyone interested in learning how to play tennis