Learning Wireless Communication Essentials
What you'll learn
- In this course students will learn the various concepts required to understand wireless communications including cellular fundamentals, modulation techniques, multiple access techniques and spread spectrum communication.
- Basic knowledge of Digital Communication may help to understand it better.
Mobile phones have changed our lives during the recent four decades and will become an essential and inseparable part of human life. This course will provide how mobile communication is possible from the aspect of communication systems
The principles of wireless communication theory are covered with emphasis on the essential concept delivery. I hope students will enjoy the journey from wired communication to wireless communication through this course.
In this course students will learn the various concepts required to understand wireless communications including cellular fundamentals, modulation techniques, multiple access techniques and spread spectrum communication.
This course is for the students/professionals who are interested to understand some fundamental and essential technical concepts of wireless communications which are baseline for all generations of mobile communication.
The course is divided as following modules:
1. History of wireless communication
2. Transmission basics
3. Fundamentals of Wireless Communication
1. Introduction to Cellular Systems
2. Channel Assignment and Hand Off Strategies
3. Interference and System Capacity
4. Trunking Theory
5. Capacity Improvement
Multiple Access Techniques
2. Frequency Division Multiple Access
3. Time Division Multiple Access
4. Spread Spectrum Multiple Access
5. Code Division Multiple Access
Thus, this course prepares students/professionals about the very essential concepts related to wireless communication. These concepts will be useful to learners in opting undergraduate course or advanced course in the related field.
Who this course is for:
- Electronics/Electronics & Communication/Professionals who want to upgrade/clear concepts in wireless communication
Mridula Korde works as Associate Professor in Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering at Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering and Management, Nagpur, India. She has received her Doctorate Degree from Visvesaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur. She has passion of teaching with 18+ years of teaching experience in the domain of Electronics/Electronics & Communication Engineering. She has 20+ research papers on her credit.