Learning to Write Scientific Research Paper
What you'll learn
- Learners will be able to structure research paper as per guidelines of the Journal,
- Learners will be able to appraise content in each section of the research paper
- Learners will be able to evaluate experimentation results reported in the paper and judge the accuracy
- Learners will be able to highlight the novelty of your paper
Writing and publishing a research paper is an art and for that, we need to learn or acquire some skills. In this course, you will be empowered with all the vital skills required for writing a research paper.
The course will begin with the meaning of the Scientific Research Paper. Further, it will cover all the components of a typical research paper, right from the title of the paper to the references. Just to summarize, it includes guidelines for writing
Title: The fewest possible words describing the contents of the research paper
Authors: Contributing authors and their affiliations
Abstract: The one-paragraph summary of the whole paper
Keywords, Index Terms: Important words in the paper
Introduction: The most read part of the research paper
Main Contribution: The main contribution of the paper
Results: Outcomes of the research process
Discussions: The most creatively and innovatively written section of the paper
Conclusion: The overall concluding summary of the paper
Acknowledgments: Saying thanks to all who contributed and then
References: Listing papers referred/studied to construct paper
Above all, the course will also cover general writing guidelines applicable to the whole paper and research ethics. So let us begin the exciting journey of learning to write a scientific research paper.
The objectives of this course are to empower you all to write research papers for peer-reviewed journals, make you aware of research ethics and integrity, and present and introduce good practices in research writing
Who this course is for:
- Those who have not done any research work and are willing to do it now
- Those who have identified topic and done some research work but have not written paper
- Those who have written research paper but failed to publish or received rejections
- Those who are self-motivated for the research
- Students, Faculty members, and research scholars
- Beginners in the research
Dr. Ravindra Munje acquired B.E., M.E. and Ph.D. degrees respectively from Mumbai University in 2005, Pune University in 2009, and Marathwada University in 2015. He was a Post-Doctoral Fellow with Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai from June 2017 to May 2019. During post-doc, he received research funds from the National Natural Science Foundation of China as an International Young Scientist.
Currently, he is a Professor of Electrical Engineering Department, K. K. Wagh Institute of Engineering Education and Research, Nashik, India.
He has written a book and about 40 refereed papers.
Dr. Munje received the Promising Engineer Award in 2016, Outstanding Researcher Award in 2018 and Best Faculty Award in 2019. Recently he has been awarded Senior IEEE Membership for significant contribution to the profession.