Learn to Read - Children Beginning Literacy
What you'll learn
- This course will teach you how to support a child's reading at home.
- You will be introduced to age appropriate reading benchmarks from phonological awareness to comprehension strategies.
- You will learn how to choose a book that's "just right", identify skills and model reading behaviors.
- Homeschooling 101
- There are no prerequisites.
Now, more than ever, parents need the knowledge and tools to support their child and keep up with classroom initiatives. Home Schooling is a reality for a lot of families today. Learning Launched unpacks curriculum and instructional best practices to provide strategies for parents to support a child's learning at home. We provide you with background knowledge and practical advice to engage a child's natural curiosity and demonstrate improvement over time.
Who this course is for:
- Parents, caregivers, family members and nannies who want to support a child's learning at home.
- Daycare providers who would like a foundational understanding of rich literacy program
Learning Launched is a passion project in response to years of working with parents, hearing their questions and providing support for their efforts at home. With over 14 years of experience both internationally and with North America’s fourth largest school board, Sam has a deep understanding of curriculum design and instructional best practices. He has an accomplished history working with and supporting schools in the design and implementation of innovative practices; building and engaging the community through partnerships; and sharing knowledge with presentations at international conferences and post-secondary institutions.
Sam is a certified teacher with the Ontario College of Teachers and a Specialist in Primary/Junior Mathematics.